Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 335 million customers across its operations at the end of August 2015. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com
Position: Financial Controller
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable Tanzanian candidate for the Financial Controller Position . The financial controller has responsibility for the coordination and execution of all financial related activities in the business in other to ensure proper financial management of the Tanzanian operation. Oversee and supervise the financial reporting financial systems and tax units.
1. Accuracy in Financial Reporting
- Prepare or direct preparation and ensure accuracy of monthly financial statements (Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows) for the Tanzanian entities
- Prepare the financial statements for the parent company as per the IFRS Accounting Standards for International Consolidation and also for Tanzanian legal entity in compliance with applicable local regulations.
- Develop and implement internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for all financial reporting related activities
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Supervise and review the management of all activities related to financial accounting such as: invoicing; refunds; purchasing; payroll; collection of accounts receivable; management and payment of suppliers; management and payment of contracts; assistance in the ongoing monitoring and management of banking relationships, cash flow analysis and the management of short and long term debts; performing bank and other key reconciliations
- Working closely with Tax Head in ensuring Tax planning and compliance with all relevant tax legislations and procedures, resolution of all tax issues resulting from tax audits. Proactive analysis and management of the Company’s tax liabilities including all federal and state taxes
3. Internal & Statutory Audits
- Coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies, relevant accounting standards and other legislations
4. Team Leadership
- Provide leadership to all of the finance staff in terms of Inspiring and motivating others to perform well, Delegating work assignments that matches the responsibility to the person and Setting expectations and monitoring delegated activities
5. Financial Systems
- Optimize and maintain the Enterprise Resource Planning solution with the aim of providing a good platform for fast and accurate reporting on the company’s financials.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Business related field
- Professional Qualification; ACA, ACCA,CPA etc
- Master’s in Business Administration is an added advantage
- Telecom experience required
- At least 10 years related experience at senior management levels
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts (including international reporting requirements) in order to perform tasks listed under Principal Duties and Responsibilities above. Excellent working knowledge of tax laws
- Self-Motivated and exceptional ability to work independently
- Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills. Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Team working ability to enable effective interaction with and motivation of other team members, including peers and senior management
Deadline for receiving applications is 24th February, 2020.