Financial Controller Job Vacancy at Enabel
Dar es Salaam
Belgian Development Agency
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Final date for application: 25 September 2023
Financial Controller (m/f/x) – Tanzania
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Tanzania is at a turning point in its existence. The major reform of the Belgian development cooperation brings new policy orientations and points of attention, new financing mechanisms and specific performance criteria. There are result obligations to which the organization must meet, and ambitious targets to implement more interventions for other donors.
Enabel in Tanzania is preparing the launch of its new Country Strategy for the Bilateral Cooperation in Tanzania 2023-2027 while also preparing the kick-off of several interventions financed by other donors including the European Union.
In this challenging context, we are seeking a Financial Controller for our head office in Dar es Salaam.
Enabel in Tanzania is seeking to recruit a dynamic and competent individual to fill the vacancies for the position of Financial Controller.
Experience sought is mainly in Accounting, Finance and Grants.
The person is responsible for ensuring quality of financial information to allow decision-making and contribute to efficiency and effectiveness with which operations are conducted which must lead to the achievement of the objectives of the Projects.
The duty station for this vacancy is Dar es Salaam.
The FC are reporting to the Responsible Administration and Finance.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You ensure verification and support to the preparation of budgetary planning and monitoring in order to allow for qualitative budget management.
- You ensure follow-up of treasury operations in order to ensure that suppliers/ beneficiaries are paid correctly and in due time.
- You control the reporting on Grant Agreements in order to ensure expenditure is in compliance with the Grant Agreements.
- You analyse fiduciary risks, follow up the internal control and audit action plans in order to put the risks in the spotlight and minimize the impact.
- You lead the team in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
- You build capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organization, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
- Tanzanian National
Any specialism in the diploma:
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, Grants Management or any other related Financial Management Courses.
- MUST be a Qualified Accountant with any one of the professional accounting certifications e.g. CPA, ACCA,
- A Post Graduate degree in Financial Management is an added advantage.
Specific competences or knowledge required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Management in a reputable organisation or in Development Entity.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Grants Management and donor funds.
Required skills and knowledge :
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Knowledge in Financial Management policies and procedures, budget management and financial analysis.
- Knowledgeable about the management of grants, donor funds and capacity building of grantees.
- Familiar in using an ERP-Financial Management tool.
- Knowledge in Public Financing regulations, taxation and PPDA
- Good knowledge of standard ICT applications (Excel, Word, PPT etc)
- Knowledgeable in audit preparation and execution of audit feedback
- Skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach
- Exhibit leadership skills in managing teams.
- Respect and can build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
- Show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
- Flexible and can work in a changing environment.
- Has experience and knowledge in Leadership and People Management.
- Experience in working with Government officials, private sector, CSOs and workers’ organisations is of an added advantage.
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel: https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
We offer you
A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment.
You are based in Dar es Salaam with travels for meetings with implementing partners.
Type of contract and duration: Contract with definite term of 48 months
Estimated Start : 01 November 23
You are employed by Enabel in the function of “Financial Controller”. A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), and more benefits such as health care insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and if applicable reallocation allowance.
Relevant recognized experience for the function will be valorized.
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
How To Apply
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 25 September 2023.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.