U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
Position Title: Financial Management Analyst – OSC
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-029
Serves as the Budget Analyst for the Office of Security Cooperation (OSC), with the responsibility of performing the complete range of budget administration and control, including budget formulation and financial program planning and analysis, budget execution, funds reconciliation, fund availability certification and the technical budget support duties for Security Assistance, Operations and Maintenance, Traditional Command Authority, Morale Welfare and Recreation, Automated Data processing Equipment and Army Family Housing operating funds, and other funding categories as assigned to OSC Tanzania from the HQ USAFRICOM. Performs all technical operations in support of budget formulation, budget execution, reporting, and other requirements, using five authorizedbudget management systems with protected passwords. Review, comment, and adjust multiple OSC ICASS counts. Assist in close out of Military interdepartmental purchase requests (MIPRs) with different funding sources and Military Programs, working closely with the Security Assistance Manager and FMO. These funds are mainly to be used for IMS training, purchase of equipment for the FADM, TCT, Military- Military (M2M) events that will follow all necessary procurement procedures for payment. All procurement requests should be properly coordinated for timely delivery and maintain professional secrecy when dealing with military or procurement sensitive information. Prepare financial reports at the end of each mission/event by working closely with the FMO and to submit forms and invoices to be reviewed by the supervisor before
sending to the appropriate US Military Service to include Africa Command (AFRICOM).
Office Manager 30%
Responsible for preparing all official travel orders. Process and coordinate travel paperwork (enrollment, visas, airline tickets, accommodation, per diem, etc.) for military officials attending training courses, workshops, or conferences (local and international) to include coordination and logistic supp ort during ship visits. Reviews incoming correspondence and drafts responses for standard questions and send for signature. This includes informal translations from Swahili to English (vice versa) and drafting replies or requests (letters sent to Ministry of Defense – (MoD) proposing activities, site visits, meetings, offering training opportunities, etc. in Swahili or English. Updates and maintains office files. Updates and maintains all office automation equipment.Responsible for ensuring office supplies are available and places requests to GSO using appropriate system for replenishment and maintenance and organization of Security Assistance electronic and paper files. Assist in checking on status and accountability on all US DoD-donated materials and funded activities by conducting EUM (end User Monitoring) verification as needed. Coordinate Security Assistance Operations (SAO) regular meetings and event participation with Host Nation Military and Government Officials through telephone contact or by way of sending prepared correspondence, following up with telephone contacts. This includes working from guest/participant lists, preparing invitations, and letters of notification of events. Operate and manage OSC Non-Tactical Vehicles thereby ensuring that vehicles are regularly serviced / dispatched. Maintain inventory for OSC properties. Perform other duties as assigned.
Security Assistance 10%
Serves as a back up to the OSC Training Manager on the OSC IMET program.
Note: This position description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Three-years of experience in finance and/or general clerical is required.
- Education Requirements:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is required.
- LANGUAGE: Fluent in English language and Fluent in Kiswahili language is required. (this may be tested)SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to write professional correspondence in both Swahili and English is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of University Degree
- Copy of Passport/National ID/Voters ID
- Work permit (if not a citizen of TZ)
- Other (if any)
- Other 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants MUST follow instructions in the notice on the website:
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email
The deadline for submitting the application is October 15, 2020