Financial Reporting and Compliance Analyst
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for a Financial Reporting and Compliance Analyst position. The role reports directly to the Financial Reporting Manager in Finance Department. He/She will be responsible to support financial reporting and compliance section on establishment, implementation and monitoring the Financial Reporting processes and procedures to an acceptable standard in conformity with all applicable accounting policies including Company and Group policy, IAS, IFRS, Tanzania laws and regulations.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1. Compliance to accounting standards
- Checking correctness of journal entries before they are posted into Oracle accounting system.
- General ledger sanity checks.
- Assist in Preparation and Review of Financial Statements
- Completing various Group reports and other financial reporting and compliance reports
- Responsible to facilitate various reporting and compliance audits
- Creation of accounts in Oracle and keeping track on all changes
- Verification of all posted documents against compliance with various policies and procedures
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, daily and periodic.
- Compilation of monthly GL reconciliation files for review by team leader and finance manager.
- Regular checks on correctness of various balances in GL.
- Follow up on reconciling items to make sure they are cleared timely
- Month end facilitation – making sure that all postings including accruals and reversals have been booked
- Daily GL management making sure that GL account balances are correct and valid.
2. Compliance to various control policies;
- Daily checks on compliance of various control policies and reporting any discrepancy or non-compliance.
- Assist and facilitate month end closure
- Review controls, ensure effective implementation and taking corrective actions.
- Ensure all documents are properly filed.
- Custodian of all documents under financial reporting and compliance section.
- Follow up to ensure that adequate documentation exist for all GL balances
Academic and Qualifications and Experience;
- University Degree in Commerce, Accounting or any other business related
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA/CPA) is a must
- 3-5 years in Experience Financial reporting and compliance preferably in corporate environment, banking, auditing firm or Telecoms
- Telecom experience is desirable
- In-depth knowledge of the telecoms industry.
- Strong Analytical skills & MS Excel proficiency
Competencies and Behavior required;
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good organizational and team work skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills
Deadline for receiving applications is 28th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of; among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.