The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
Post: : FINANCING OFFICER:
Location : Unguja 4, Pemba 2 , Mtwara 1
Facilitate the financing process after verifying the creditworthiness of the customer and reviewing loan process in compliance with Islamic banking.
Education and Experience:
Holder of Bachelor of Banking and Finance, Economics, Islamic Banking or Accounting from any recognized University.
Key skills and Competencies:
- Professional qualifications such as CPB and equivalent shall be an added advantage
- experience in internship in bank branch operations
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills (writing and presentation) in English and Kiswahili
- Customer service orientation
- Computer literacy
- Some experience at bank branch operations would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Islamic banking will be an added advantage.
- Smart and presentable individual
- Strong communication Able to work independently and efficiently
Duties and Responsibility
- Evaluate the assigned quality of the finance portfolio and recommend appropriate actions to be taken on non performing financing.
- Analyze the position of overdrafts and financing accounts against the proposed repayment schedule.
- Report to the supervisor on early warning signs leading to financing default.
- Monitor repayment performance of financing and advise supervisor appropriately.
- Monitor movement of approved facilities through the overdraft (OD) list and ensure they are within the agreed terms and conditions.
- Monitor receivable account to ensure it is correctly accrued and posted in the respective accounts as well as ensuring the Bank’s income is realized.
- Ensure that stipulated financing returns by the Bank and BOT are prepared and timely submitted to respective authorities.
- Prepare financing reports for management and other users.
- Prepare regularly all periodic reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and ensure their timely submission to respective units.
- Monitor financing/overdrafts re-payments made by customers.
- Ensure customers’ compliance to IBD’s financing Policy, financing Manual, financing strategy, management circulars and directives and Bank of Tanzania Regulations.
- Attend to queries raised on issues related to financing supervision and monitoring.
- Review and analyze possible recovery options for each finance recovery account, prepare finance recovery appraisal report and strategy and recommend for approval by appropriate approving authority.
- Update the database of defaulters mortgaged sold by bank.
- Update list of blacklisted customers and use the same for clearance of new financing applications.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Terms of Service
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable).
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020