North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit two (02) Fixed Plant Planners, one (1) Electrical and one (1) Mechanical to join our team. The successful candidates for these positions will be accountable to provide administrative support to the maintenance team by producing, updating and monitoring detailed plans for executing maintenance activities and effectively manage and control maintenance planning and scheduling for the Plant to ensure Plant reliability and completion of job with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The Fixed Plant Planners will report to the Fixed Plant Supervisors.
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
- Ensure safe work practices by reporting incidents/accident and making sure total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environment Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines as well as proper use of requirement /mandatory PPE’s.
- Develop, maintain, monitor and update maintenance manuals for Maintenance Sections
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly/quarter and annual maintenance reports with accurate information and on time.
- Compile, update and distribute backlogs reports and other mandated control reports.
- Maintain database and report on tracking work completion, scheduled vs unscheduled and other metrics to track and improve overall maintenance performance.
- Create accurate plans for scheduling and manpower forecasting for weekly/ monthly and long term maintenance schedulers.
- Manage maintenance system including data quality and ensure improvement for the system.
- Monitor and measure maintenance costs and adjust planning accordingly.
- Analyze trends in equipment maintenance needs including breakdown, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, MTBF and MTTR.
- In collaboration with other team members, review and prioritize maintenance work requests.
- Plan for all preventive maintenance and shutdown activities and ensuring plans are adequately resourced.
- Organize and conduct pre and post shutdown meetings involving all stakeholders and ensure inputs are captured and communicated for review prior to and after shutdown.
- Ensure the maintenance management strategies for spare parts, planned maintenance task and planned outages increase Plant reliability.
- Identify and manage inventory level of critical spares and work closely with the supply chain Department to ensure parts availability and durability.
- Measure and report on maintenance planning Kay Performance Indicator (KPI’s) and compute MTBF and MTTR for critical equipment as suggested.
- Maintain Plant integrity and available ensuring that parts lists are documented and Bill of Materials (BOM) are completed.
- Ensure that maintenance history and job records database are kept up to date.
- Diploma/Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical would be an added advantage
- Specialization in Maintenance Planning Certificate would be advantageous.
- Valid Driving License.
- Minimum experience of five (5) years in a processing plant equipment and maintenance.
- Experience in a mining environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with Installation, service and repair of processing plant equipment.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent safety record.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- SAP Maintenance system.
- Process Plant/equipment and maintenance.
- Maintenance shutdown planning and management.
- Maintenance budgeting.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Reading and interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawing and Sketch.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- CMMS-Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Excellent communication skill in English.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “FIXED PLANT PLANNERS” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th November, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.