Position is responsible for performing skilled and specialized automotive mechanic work in the repair, maintenance, and replacement of tires on trucks, trailers, and other motorized equipment.
Position ensures conformance to industry standards; examines and repairs tires; performs preventative maintenance; and responds to emergency road calls. Position also inventories and requisitions supplies; and prepares paperwork. Position may be required to work evenings, nights, and weekends.
• Prepares tires for installation; mounts and demount tires on rims and vehicles; and fills tires to the proper air pressure.
• Inspects and tests tires to ensure conformance to standards.
• Examines and probes damaged, defective, or flat tires to determine the extent of damage and the feasibility of repair; and recommends the disposal of non-repairable tires.
• Repairs tube and tubeless tires by puncturing blisters, applying patches, replacing treads, removing nails, changing tubes, installing boots, etc.
• Road tests vehicles after repairs are completed.
• Aligns and balances wheels and tire assemblies to minimize wear on tires; and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals.
• Performs preventative maintenance checks on vehicle tires and related components.
• Responds to emergency road calls; performs road service to repair/replace damaged tires; and operates a school division tow truck to retrieve inoperable vehicles.
• Operates and maintains diagnostic equipment, hand/power tools, tire changing machines, balancing equipment, and other specialized automotive tools and machinery.
• Practices safety methods in the operation of equipment and performance of duties.
• Inventories and ensures an adequate supply of tires and related parts; and requisitions/orders supplies as necessary.
• Prepares paperwork including work orders, part usage records, tire weight records, etc.
• Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities. (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed.
The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
Other Duties: Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Automotive Maintenance Manager or other appropriate administrator.
Experience require: 5 Years in the field of Truck tyres and 5 years as a Tyres Manager
Job application procedure
NOTE: USITOE PESA ILI UPATE KAZI
Share your updated CV to [email protected]