VACANCY FOR FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
Rivertrees Country Inn is looking for a professional Food and Beverage Manager to be responsible for managing all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
As Food & Beverage Manager, you will also be responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting, incentive, conference and event functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
You will be responsible to solicit local Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of the Hotel and act as a management representative to group and individual clients. You will be responsible to continually strive to improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and profitability.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service.
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- Work with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Assure bar inventory, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Reservations/Front Office department to ensure all client needs and requirements are met.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meetings/banquet planners for their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered.
- Oversee the kitchen and dining areas, supervise food and beverage staff in accordance with the Hotel and Company Standard Operating Procedures established.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures.
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership and accountability environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Prepare and provide report to management regarding sales results and productivity.
The ideal candidate for this position
- A strong communicator
- Highly motivated
- Able to work under pressure
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field.
- At least 4 years proven food and beverage management experience with clear track records.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- A complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
This role can be very challenging and demanding and as such, we kindly ask that only serious candidates apply.
If you are interested in the position, please adhere to the following instructions carefully:
- Submit your interest by formal cover e-mail to email@example.com,
- The subject line for your email shall be: “Food and Beverage Manager”
- Attach your CV in PDF format not exceeding 4MB,
- Do NOT include any other attachments,
- Submit your application no later than 4th December 2020
- In the body of your email answer the following questions:
- Question 1: What are the core functions of a Manager?
- Question 2: What cost-reducing methods have you found to be useful in Tanzania?
- Question 3: How would you go about designing a new menu?
Your application will only be considered if it meets these criteria strictly.
Rivertrees Country Inn will treat all information with the utmost confidentiality and we will only contact you if your application is to be taken to the next stage of the recruitment process.