Forensic Investigations Manager
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide specialist advice and conduct forensic investigations to enhance stakeholder confidence, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs..
- Record the time and date, observations made names and descriptions of other individuals at the scene.
- Confirm photographs or videotapes are taken of the crime scene as key evidence for reports and debriefing.
- Obtain master and duplicate copies of the crime scene Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage.
- Maintain evidence integrity (chain of evidence).
- Assist in taking statements from witnesses.
- Supply investigation statement and all relevant exhibits (CCTV footage, value statement etc.) to all parties concerned.
- Formulate written reports detailing actions that occurred at the scene starting with the FIC notification of the incident.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies.
- Meet with Public Prosecutor, Senior Prosecutor and Director of Public Prosecution.
- Assist with the analysis of crime information and the identification of suspects.
- Conduct any relevant internal investigation, polygraph examination, forensic investigation etc. all within the Constitution and Criminal procedure Act and the Absa Policy framework.
- Provide evidence of employee’s involvement – where there is internal involvement.
- Testify as a witness in any dispute resolution.
- Responsible to ensure the reporting of risk events for criminal and judicial purposes takes place.
- Adhere to relevant local and regional laws and bank policies.
- Preserve confidentiality, respect the individual rights and conduct the investigation with strict regard for fairness, impartiality and the presumption of innocence.
Higher Diplomas: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)