Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
lntraHealth International is a US-based international NGO with offices in over 30 African countries, including Tanzania. IntraHealth is seeking a Family Planning (FP) Advisor for an upcoming five-year USAID contract: Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP HIV/TB). The overall goal of the project is to improve the household nutrition and health outcomes of Tanzanians with the specific objective of increasing use of quality HIV/TB services, particularly by youth and women.
Reporting to the Senior HIV and Integration Advisor, the FP Advisor will support the development, implementation, and monitoring of a work plan that will result in improved access to quality, client-centered HIV/TB services; improved ability of individuals to practice positive health-seeking behaviors; and enhanced enabling environment for quality HIV/TB service provision. The FP Advisor will be responsible for providing technical guidance on integrating HIV, TB and FP services at the facility and community level and building capacity at both levels to deliver standardized, evidence-based quality FP services. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel to program sites in the field.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Qualified Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical leadership on the development and implementation of program strategies and activities that will strengthen demand for FP and access to integrated FP health services and meet all targets and deliverables as per contractual obligations;
- Provide targeted technical assistance, training and/or mentoring support to improve the availability, accessibility, and quality of voluntary FP counseling and services, with a focus on integrating FP and HIV/TB services;
- Provide technical input on FP-related policy and other guidelines to improve the enabling environment for quality, accessible FP services;
- Collaborate with the M&E team to ensure quality FP data is available in a timely manner for systematic analysis and use;
- Participate in and/or lead FP-related technical meetings to review and analyze data, review program implementation approaches, and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance quality and timeliness of deliverables;
- Ensure project Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles are woven throughout the technical component of the project allowing the project to pivot quickly based on data and performance indicators;
- Support the Senior HIV and Integration Advisor to compile and disseminate high-quality reporting in line with USAID and IntraHealth requirements (quarterly and annual progress reports, quarterly financial reports etc.);
- Participate in national and district-level FP-related technical working groups and other relevant forums.
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or higher in medicine, nursing, public health, or international health;
- At least 6 years of technical experience specific to FP counseling and services at national, facility and community levels;
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing evidence-based technical strategies and activities on time and within budget, using national and/or global FP guidelines, proven FP technical approaches, and other available technical evidence;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, at the national and regional level;
- Experience reporting on process-, outcome-, and impact-level FP indicators and presenting data to donors, MOH and other stakeholders;
- Data analysis skills and demonstrated ability to implement data driven activities and to use FP data to make programmatic decisions and to inform resource allocations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and changing environment with all levels of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of technical teams and fostering teamwork;
- Ability to train, coach, mentor and develop capacity at individual and organizational levels;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Experience supporting capacity of local organizations to be ready to receive direct donor funding to implement integrated HIV/TB/FP projects;
- Experience with FP/HIV service integration.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.