Full Stack Engineer
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Founder & CEO @SmartCodes with a passion for Technology, Innovation and Advertising | Helping young African startups flourish and grow via @SmartLab255 #UNTILITSDONE
Our Technology team is an integral part of our business. We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer bringing creativity and a technical mindset, to grow our existing products and bring new products to life. You will join a dynamic and motivated team to build exciting enterprise and consumer solutions that will solve African challenges and make a mark across Africa.
- You will be working with both web apps and mobile apps with the chance to support both the backend and frontend developments
- You will work on some third-party integrations (Telecoms and Banks)
- Your work will entail developing new software and services
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimizing the performance of different systems and products.
- You’ll be involved in reviewing system specifications and documentation along the system development life cycle
Your Skills and Experience
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience as a software developer.
- You have strong backend skills including PHP (Laravel framework) and Java (Spring framework)
- You have experience building Android, iOS, and Web applications.
- You have worked on projects with modern frontend frameworks (React, Vue, Jquery).
- You have worked with both Rest-API & SOAP APIs
- You are comfortable with database design and implementation
- You are following coding best practices for code standards, writing unit tests, version control, continuous integration
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience working in an agile environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, technical and non-technical, & a key team player.
- You have a working knowledge of flutter
- You have an in-depth working knowledge of cloud systems (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
At Smart Codes, we love working with talent who are driven, and thoughtful individuals focused on creating great and disruptive technology products. You will be part of an environment that puts collaboration at the centre. Where we value your insight, energy, and we know the special mark that great developers make on a product and the success of a business.