VACANCY: FUNDRAISING AND PRIVATE SECTOR MOBILISATION SPECIALIST
WWF is seeking to hire a fundraising expert with existing donor relationships and a knack for large-volume grants from bilateral and multilateral sources including governments, development institutions, the private sector and impact investors for its office in Tanzania, based in Dar es salaam.
- Lead the Initiative fundraising efforts and donor care including planning, managing and ensuring the delivery of agreed targets. The success of this role is measured on: income raised, income growth year on year, number of donors maintained, number of new donors recruited, number of fundraising proposals submitted, number of successful proposals (awarded proposal), number of FLR allied small-medium enterprises and number of private sector companies attracted to support FLR with communities.
- Work with Initiative leader to support Program and Fundraising staff in participating countries to aggressively raise funds and engage private sector in bankable FLR solutions to upscale impacts.
- Works closely with Finance and Market Practice, Public Sector Partnerships, Impact Investing and, Bankable Solution and Landscape Finance Lab teams at WWF for unlocking FLR funds.
- Work with the Initiative Leader and countries to develop FLR pitches and package FLR as a bankable investment
- Work with Initiative leader to engage IUCN and AfrIOO Secretariat and others, to redevelop/strengthen private sector and large-scale funding platforms for upscaling restoration in the implementing WWF country offices.
- Undertake research and donor intelligence gathering identify opportunities and donors and build and maintain satisfactory relationships at all levels- national and regional in support of the WWF offices fundraising efforts.
Specific Required Functional Skills
- University degree in Business Management, Development Studies or related fields;
- Proven track record in successfully fundraising for large grants from the Public Sector, Multilateral institutions (World Bank, AfDB, GEF, GCF, Dutch Climate fund etc), Foundations, Impact Investors and businesses.
- Proven track record in private sector mobilisation to participate in natural resources management.
- At least 7 years professional experience in inter-institutional relationship management, donor relations and private sector participation.
- Highly competent strategist with capacity to develop strategy documents, grant winning proposals and excellent reports.
- Excellent project management skills including impact and budget tracking skills with focus on delivery of large-scale impacts,
- Knowledge and experience the realities of development sector, donor institutions, and the not-for-profit organizations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
HOW TO APPLY
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained through web address: http://wwf.panda. org/who_we_are/jobs/. Applications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: [email protected] by Friday, 07th May 2021 at 4:30 pm. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam or via zoom video conferencing. WWF is an equal opportunity organization.