Funds Administration Officer Job at TIB Development Bank Limited
TIB Development Bank Limited is Development Finance Institutions (DFI) wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has been established and exists under the Companies Act. 2002. The main focus of TIB Development Bank as a premier national DFI is on national projects that aim at the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, services sectors, as well as oil and gas sectors. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites suitable, qualified and skilled applicants to fill the following available positions:-
POSITION: FUNDS ADMINSTRATION OFFICER
This role is responsible for administering of funds and projects, providing support to Zonal offices towards monitoring of Managed Funds portfolio Reporting to Funds Administration Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Zone Offices to ensure that documents required to support disbursements are timely submitted and in acceptable form.
- Review and submit to the disbursement unit the required documents to support booking of the facilities in the system and disbursements.
- Liaise with Disbursement unit to ensure that funds in the form of grants or loans are disbursed timely and according to approval and subsequent agreements between Fund owner and the Bank (Fund Manager).
- Administer Management Information System affairs within the directorate.
- Produce and analyze managed funds portfolio reports.
- Resolve reconciliation issues relating to DMF accounts.Collect management fees from respective clients in line with the agency agreement and remit the same to the bank
- Coordinate timely submission of reports to the principals and other parties in line with the signed agency agreements.
- Facilitate Zonal offices in executing the implementation of the projects by doing the following:
- Liaise with the appraisal and other departments within the bank for timely clarification of grey areas, availing missing documents, etc. as depicted and escalated by Zonal offices to respective departments through DMF.
- Review periodic project implementation progress reports prepared by zones and coordinate recommended escalation to ensure timely decision is obtained within the bank and feedback provided to the respective zones for further actions.
- Coordinating and supporting Zonal Offices towards monitoring of Managed Funds portfolio by undertaking the following tasks:
- Supporting zones to prepare project-specific, action-based, timed monitoring strategies/plans (both for performing loans and NPLs)
- Coordinating approval of the strategies within the bank where required
- Follow up on implementation of the milestones defined in the approved strategies
- Follow up with zones to prepare progress reports on strategy implementation including analysis of financial performance on respective accounts and recommendations to attain success of the strategy.
- Review and coordinate escalation and decision making of the progress reports as appropriate.
- Occasionally visit the projects to ascertain status as provided in the progress reports
- To act as liaison point for communication with Fund Owners and other relevant stakeholders as per the respective fund/agency agreement
- Ensure timely closure of audit issues related to Managed funds.
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Minimum Graduate in Business Administration. Economics. Finance. Accountancy. Banking or related fields obtained from a recognized
- At least two (2) years relevant work experience in a reputable Bank/Financial or related institutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare reports in a concise and focused style.
- Knowledge of project appraisal and of financial analysis is added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills especially in spread sheets, database and presentation
- Ability to identify and manage business risks.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- Ability to carry out project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Mode of Application
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
- An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements.
- Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if
- Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 08 February 2019
TIB Development Bank
Mlimani City Office Park, Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
P.O.BOX 9373, Dar es Salaam | Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.tib.co.tz