TIB Development Bank Limited is Development Finance Institutions (DFI) wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has been established and exists under the Companies Act. 2002. The main focus of TIB Development Bank as a premier national DFI is on national projects that aim at the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, services sectors, as well as oil and gas sectors. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites suitable, qualified and skilled applicants to fill the following available positions:-
POSITION: FUNDS SOLICITATION OFFICER
This role is responsible for identifying parties with financial resources and developmental objectives (fund owners), spearheading the bidding and negotiations to facilitate the awarding of the role of fund management services to the bank, coordinating the preparation and execution of the agency agreements and managing stakeholder relationships.
Reporting to Funds Solicitation Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify parties with financial resources and developmental objectives (fund owners) that would benefit from agency services offered by TIB and establish relationship with them.
- Initiate database of proposed/potential funds owners for constant engagement.
- Preparation and submission of proposal on the expression of interest and bid documents to Fund Solicitation Manager.
- Collection and timely submission of all required documentation for tendering process.
- Spearhead bidding and negotiations to facilitate the awarding of the role to the bank.
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of the agency agreements
- Prior to fund/grant implementation, to develop/review frameworks/operating guidelines of new funds so as to ensure that it is in line with respective agency agreement
- Prepare presentations on awareness of the funds Management role to the potential funds owners and stakeholders.
- Collection of management fees from respective clients and agencies and remitting the same to the bank for the funds that assigned under you.
- Timely preparation and submission of periodic progress reports to the fund owners.
- To prepare and submit annual departmental budget to Fund Solicitation Manager
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Carry out any other related duties as assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Minimum Graduate in Business Administration. Economics. Finance. Accountancy. Banking or related fields obtained from a recognized Institution.
- At least two (2) years relevant work experience in a reputable Bank/Financial or related institutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare reports in a concise and focused style.
- Knowledge of project appraisal and of financial analysis is added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills especially in spread sheets, database and presentation
- Ability to identify and take advantage of new business opportunities.
- Ability to identify and manage business risks.
- Ability to negotiate on fees and commissions.
- Ability to prepare expressions of interest, technical and financial proposals for a diverse clientele.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Mode of Application
- Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
- An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements.
- Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if
Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date: 08 February 2019
TIB Development Bank
Mlimani City Office Park, Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
P.O.BOX 9373, Dar es Salaam | Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: [email protected] | Website: www.tib.co.tz