Location: Ilala, Ilala Dar Es Salaam
Minimum education requirements: Bachelors Degree (preferably in Telecommunication, Engineering, Computer Science ICT or related)
MBA would be helpful
Experience: Atleast 3-5 years in Management / Operations in Telecom/Internet/ICT industry
• To assist the association in providing a non-profit forum through which all members’ (ISP)’s issues are addressed as a common interest a
and interface with the industry stake holders including the regulator.
• To act as the main person on behalf of the association to establish and manage Internet Exchange Points (IXP) across the country and o
other internet infrastructure of common interest for all ISPs and end users
• Implement measures and initiatives aimed at increasing and expanding access to internet services, especially in uneconomic areas, by a
alleviating problems and constraints hindering provision of internet services and other economic problems facing the Internet Service P
Providers in the country.
• To act as the central coordinating body for the association.
• To attend meetings and speak on behalf of the association.
• To supervise and work with the secretariat to ensure smooth operation of the association.
• To be on the lookout for any issues going on in the sector and alert the EC for action.
• To carry forward the objectives of the association.
• To ensure the TISPA name is wide-spread and to build it credibility as a representative and all-inclusive association.
• To ensure that TISPA remains a strong lobbying force for the association.
• To regularly update and report to the Executive Committee (EC) and the AGM.
• To maintain the PR function, including newsletters and active website as well as mailing list.
• As an association, to raise public awareness in matters relating to usage of internet including but not limited to, projects which are f
funded by donor countries and the Government of Tanzania.
• To organize exhibitions, training, seminars, symposium, conferences and interaction with Government, political leaders, members, and t
the general society in order to participate in internet access.
• To cooperate and liaise with organizations having similar objectives locally, regionally and internationally.
• To support, encourage, foster, promote by expertise and facilitate education and training on internet access.
• Participate in national policy improvements, legal and regulatory enhancements and other charitable activities in line with the stated g
goals and functions.
• Ensure all KPIs set by the Executive Committee, TISPA Members or the secretariat, are met without fail and to put in all efforts to m
move projects and tasks forward.
• Ensure TIX is managed, maintained, monitored and running at all times. Any resources required are available at all times.
• To report to the Executive Committee and the secretariat.
• Other duties and responsibilities shall be assigned on time to time by office bearers.