General Service Drivers
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of Tanzania and world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, communitybased and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
GENERAL SERVICE DRIVERS-for TB Global Fund: 3 Posts-Ruvuma, Simiyu & Dodoma
Reporting to the Zonal Project Officers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the project vehicle safely; transporting authorized personnel/passengers.
- Maintain a clean record of all journeys, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes and greasing. Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, perform minor repairs • Comply with laws and regulations for safe driving.
- Observe the safety and security procedures.
- Ensure that all accessories of the vehicles are maintained and checked at all times.
- Keep a valid driving License and the vehicle’s insurance up to date all the time.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Education, work experience and skills
- Secondary School education is essential
- Driving Certificate from a recognized institution
- Keen on the wellbeing of the given vehicle
- Honest, Trustworthy, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- At least 5 years of work experience as driver
- Ability to record and keep trip information as trained
- Ability and willingness to work for long hours even outside working hours.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for and district, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Applications should be submitted by 21st August, 2019, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.