Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Generator Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Mobile Fleet Surface Supervisor
- Work Schedule: 5 Days Day Shift / 2 Days Day Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Comply with maintenance procedures and ensure all task are completed to OEM standards
- Conduct equipment pre start checks and daily inspection
- Perform mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance for generators in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost Targets
- Conduct troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance for generators and CAT Engines.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct upgrades/ modification as per OEM Standards.
- Removal of components and replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Comply on shift handover process.
- Carry out other task assigned by Supervisor Mobile Maintenance Surface.
- Mechanical trade certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar role(Generator Technician)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge on Caterpillar SIS and ET
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th December 2020
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|