Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mineral Resource – Geology department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Senior Geologist
- Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Day Off
- Duration: 2 Years
- Ensure active waste and ore development faces are mapped in accordance to the scheduled plan.
- Update daily grade control drill hole information on the appropriate “Database/Spreadsheets” in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete and accurate grade control database (including QAQC component) and Ore Production database/spreadsheets available at all times
- Ensure the delineation of economically mineable ore zone to ensure minimum dilution and maximum recovery of gold
- Active involvement and assistance in underground grade control practices and procedures through effective monitoring and communication.
- Ensure timely and accurate underground sampling, lithological and structural mapping, and logging of core to provide geological information for the optimum mine design and daily decision-making processes.
- Ensure updated underground channel/face sample results are available in both paper and digital version, geological logging and assay reporting proceeds
- Ensure underground channel and grade control samples are delivered to the laboratory in a timely manner, sample submission forms are complete and accurate, samples are clearly labelled and in correct order, and that QAQC samples are present according to procedure.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the geological controls of the different ore bodies at Bulyanhulu Mine and the regional geological settings.
- Provide the geological support to ensure the optimum development of the ore body.
- Complete project work and presentations to a professional standard as and when required.
- Ensure that employees and contractors comply with Barrick’s safety and environmental standards and any legislative requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate geology inputs to facilitate the preparation of mine plans.
- Develop an understanding of support standards and methods used underground to ensure a safe working environment
- Monitor the progress of geology resources against daily production plans. Assess delays and re-prioritise tasks / personnel as required. Immediately inform the Underground Geology Superintendent or Mineral Resources Manager of delays that may affect mining targets
- Monitor underground Ore mining and haulage practices to ensure are conducted according to agreed standards and procedures
- Achievement of agreed targets for the department in terms of minimum dilution of Ore, maximum gold grade production, delineation of resources and reserves and Update and monitor systems to ensure geology and assay databases are complete, accurate and accessible.
- University Level Certification in Geology (BSc Geology degree)
- Valid Tanzanian Driving Licence
- Minimum 2 years working experiences in underground mine
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of computer applications programs (Datamine software package or any other mining software)
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th December 2020
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|