Girls Education Expert
Organization: Palladium International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Deadline Date: Thursday, 16 July 2020
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employme nt to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium is recruiting for a Girls Education Expert for an upcoming flagship programme in Tanzania aimed at improving the quality of education for girls and boys in the country. Shule Bora will aim to reach all 11.5 million girls and boys in primary and pre-primary schools in Tanzania, working closely with the government of Tanzania to design and deliver reform and interventions across the country.
One of the key outcomes of the programme will be to increase the quality of girls’ education, and the rates of completion at primary and pre-primary education and conversion rates into secondary school.
As Girls Education Expert, you would leading on collaboration with the Government of Tanzania at National an d Regional levels to develop and implement strategies and interventions across the girls workstream.
Based in Dodoma, Tanzania, the responsibilities will include:
* Lead on the design and delivery of the girls education outcome stream
* Provide technical assistance and support to the Government of Tanzania in the implementation of interventions focused on girls education
* Support community mobilization and capacity building of education authorities and other partners;
* Analyze and address barriers to educational access and participation of girls
* Assess issues of supply and demand for education options/services;
* Adapt rapidly to changing priorities and needs; designing successful interventions to combat inclusion barriers; and
* Implement SEL and psychosocial well-being activities, as well as activities to reduce dropout and improve girls retention and transition.
* Represent Shule Bora and Palladium both within Tanzania and globally as an ambassador of Positive Impact solutions and in improving the quality of education to those in need
* Exceptional technical knowledge in the sector of girls’ education and learning and practical experience of implementing successful interviews at policy level and cascading these into service delivery
* Experience delivering interventions to support girls’ retention, progression and learning in primary and pre-primary schooling
* Experience of working with and guiding government in the delivery of education reforms at different levels of the education system as part of an education ‘systems strengthening’ approach
* Extensive experience of leading and/or advising on gender-transformative programmes at different stages of the project process including design, implementation, monitoring and learning