About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Global Procurement teams manage over $8M in spending each year across over 12,000 transactions and handle all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 800,000 smallholder farmers.
We are looking for someone to help improve process efficiency, drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system, implement process/systems improvement projects, and help build team capacity across multiple countries of operation.
You will report to the Global Procurement Manager, directly oversee procurement operations in at least 2 countries of operation and help deliver a world-class purchasing department at the feet of our 800,000+ farmers across East and Southern Africa.
Manage Tanzania and Zambia Procurement teams. Promote execution excellence through outstanding processes and capacity building.
- Deliver goods on time, at the right specifications and at prices below market rates
- Set clear expectations for all staff and hold them accountable
- Tap into local talent pools to hire top performers with strong potential for growth
Save costs. Your goal is to save over $500K every year across the value chain.
- Create a culture of cost-saving across the Procurement team and its important partners.
- Use forecasting to increase timeliness and efficiency, reduce procurement cycle times, and reduce unit costs through better economies of scale.
- Innovate cost-saving initiatives.
Tighten controls environment. Improve efficiency by implementing loss prevention tactics and smooth processes.
- Oversee controls and fraud prevention activities.
- Strengthen quality assurance and inventory management processes.
- Maintain accurate data to inform business decisions.
- Develop teams of procurement professionals who feel supported.
- Identify operational challenges and define strategies to reach performance targets.
- Maintain performance tracking tools
- Manage key stakeholders across countries and share procurement performance data candidly.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 5+ years’ experience including 2 years of people or project management experience (experience managing remote teams is a plus)
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine leadership with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service.
- Passion for capacity building and investing in others
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering, or consulting preferred, but not required
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Iringa or Mbeya, Tanzania with regular travel to Kabwe, Zambia
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Note; Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.