Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Gold Room Operator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the process plant department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Gold Room and Gravity Foreman
Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
- To Maintain and keep confidential all refinery information, including schedules, activities, equipment layout, building layout, gold information and passwords
- Compliance to Confidentiality policy and related Standard Operating Procedures
- Take part in the Production of gold bullion of highest possible purity and to take part in the bullion boxing process
- To take part in the gold shipment process whenever required to do so
- To operate the Barrick – Bulyanhulu reactor and the Knelson concentrators to achieve optimum gold recovery
- To maintain housekeeping in the refinery, gravity circuit, Barrick- Bulyanhulu reactor building and Electro winning section
- To make sure that all equipment are cleaned and maintained well
- To ensure accuracy in equipment operation, including the electro winning cells, filters, smelting furnaces, calcining oven and weighing balances through regular maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure calibration and services are performed with high priority as per schedule.
- Ensure all refinery reagents and consumables are arranged and stored properly with their respective labels as required.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Gold Security Standards and Gold Room Operating Procedures
- Trade Test Grade I Certificate
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Gold Room Operator
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health and Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “GOLD ROOM OPERATOR“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com