THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Grant Management Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to: Global Fund Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for finance compliance and risk management working with program staff and implementing partners to assist them in planning, budgeting and financial management.
- Oversee Implementing partners financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance to agreed GF procedures and policies. Build the financial and budget management capacity of implementing partners through providing mentorship and support. iv. Improve the capacity of GF Implementing partners staff to understand and uphold both Government and GF financial policies and procedures and proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programs.
- Review Implementing partners budget and prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance
- Provide technical support and supervise the sub recipients to ensure full compliance with the GF requirements
- Provide continuous feedback to all Implementing partners on grants performance
- Conduct periodic review of local partner internal controls and policies for advice on strengthening and transaction verification through monitoring reports and transaction analysis
- Support in setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- Primary responsibility for preparation of grant deliverables pertaining to grant implementation as agreed with the GF
- Guide and steer the development of costed national strategies to guide investments
- Provide guidance and stewardship on implementation of programs
- Responsible for implementation of activities under the MoHCDGEC while ensuring delivery of quality services and assurance thereof
- Track performance of grant and grant results, including preparation of PU/PUDR
- Ensure availability of and assurance of data to support decisions, including undertaking periodic national DQR
- Based on monitoring of grant implementation, initiate and provide rationale for reprogramming based on need and the principle of investing to attain impact
- Monitor investments to assess progress towards impact and outcome
- Facilitate and support periodic external program reviews to assess progress on national strategic goals and targets
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, International Affairs and Policy, or a related discipline. Having an MBA will be an added advantage
- Three to five years’ professional experience in grant management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing budgets and cost projections.
- Proven ability managing, and guiding project staff and partners regarding donor rules and regulations.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in multicultural working environment.
- Strong proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Flexible, Adaptable, Detail-oriented and Team Player. Computer literacy, particularly word processing and spreadsheets.
- Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3-year Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020