Requisition ID: req11069
Job Title: Grants and Budget Manager, Airbel Impact Lab
Sector: Research & Development
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Amman, Jordan
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying the IRC’s deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, rigorous research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and rigor, openness and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience of a large-scale implementing organization.
The Grants & Budget Manager will join the Airbel Impact Lab’s operations team to help us deliver high-quality grants management across our portfolio. Reporting to the Deputy Director, People & Operations, you will work closely with Airbel technical and project leads, in-country and HQ grants staff, finance, and business development to ensure timely and accurate grant reporting, maintain grant records, lead the proposal process for new grants, and ensure compliance with donor grant agreements. You will also support our business development and department strategic planning through managing our pipeline tracker, coordinating staffing allocations with other IRC departments, and developing regular analysis on our funding pipeline and achievement of fundraising targets.
• Manage our pipeline of new opportunities across private, public and individual donors: coordinate with project and technical leads to keep our pipeline tracker up to date with new opportunities and updates to existing opportunities; and provide analysis on how we are tracking against our fundraising goals and the strength of our funder pipeline.
• Project manage proposals: Create proposal development workplans and coordinate inputs across HQ, country teams, and partners, work with technical leads to develop budgets for grant proposals, and ensure we are meeting donor compliance and IRC review processes.
• Coordinate the preparation and review of narrative and financial reports for timely submission to donors
• Manage and coordinate the approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions, and no-cost extensions for Airbel grants and sub-grants
• Coordinate sub-grants with partners: Draft, negotiate, review, and process subawards; manage relationships with subgrant partners, and monitor partnerships during implementation for narrative and financial reporting.
• Review, track, and analyze expenditures for assigned Airbel grants; review Budget Versus Actual reports on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are in line with grant requirements
• Create spending plans and manage expenditure according to projections; hold monthly meetings with project leads to review expenditure and update spending plans.
• Ensure that spending adheres to donor terms and conditions and IRC compliance policies throughout the project life cycle; Work with relevant Airbel and HQ-based finance staff to ensure accuracy of grant financial reports.
• Coordinate with grants staff across other IRC departments and country programs to track and manage Airbel staff funding allocations in grants managed by other units
• Maintain high-quality knowledge and information management by maintaining grant files.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports directly to: Deputy Director, People & Operations
Position directly supervises: N/A
• Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience managing grants, running budgets, and project management.
• Experience in developing and managing project concepts and funding proposals for humanitarian / development work from governmental, institutional and research-oriented donors across multiple sectors such as health, education and protection
• Experience managing complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring and reporting processes.
• Excellent budget management skills including experience tracking expenses and developing spending plans, including high proficiency in Excel.
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones.
• The ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment – pro-activity and initiative to problem solve within the job parameters is essential; strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Standard office working environment under normal circumstances. Position is remote until IRC offices are opened.
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality
IRC acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. IRC is also committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits.