Tearfund has an exciting opportunity for a Grants and Finance Capacity Building Officer to join our team in Tanzania as Grants & Finance Capacity Building Officer.
The Grants and Finance Capacity Building Officer is responsible for ensuring that Tearfund partners are implementing Tearfund policies and procedures, ensuring partners follow donor rules & regulations on grants implemented under Tearfund supervision and support the management of a signed MOU agreement between Tearfund and all her partners.
The role will provide training (capacity building) to Tearfund partners on grant financial procedures, grant management, mentoring and coaching partners finance officers on financial management and best practices. The role will also assume responsibility on some transactional focus for the country programme and monthly reporting.
Do you have the ability to:
- Work closely with project and partner staff in drafting and editing donor proposals and reports, ensuring compliance with various donor regulations, Tearfund policies, and government processes.
- Undertake regular financial reviews with Partners to ensure financial reports tie in with financial records and supporting documents to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations of both Tearfund and other institutional donors
- Design and conduct capacity building initiatives of partners to strengthen their financial systems and reporting
The successful applicant will have:
- A graduate degree in accounting or equivalent qualification with relevant work experience in financial capacity building of partners.
- Experience of project cycle management, especially reporting and proposal development and Financial Reporting
- Initiative, strong organisational and leadership skills
- experience with donors and multilateral donor mechanisms
Are you a committed Christian with a concern for vulnerable and marginalized communities? Then this could be the role for you!
Do you have the required skills and experience? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Tearfund is a faith based organisation and applicants must share our statement of faith.
This contract is for a 24 month period, but with potential to extend. Please note candidates must have the current right to live and work in Tanzania.
Salary set up for this role is: 48,718,248 Tanzanian Shilling per annum
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
Closing date 26 Oct 2020