TANZANIA WOMEN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (TAWLA)
Tanzania Women Lawyers Association (TAWLA) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was formed primarily as a guild to promote and advance legal and constitutional rights of women. The aims and objectives of the organization are: to advocate for gender equality, promotion of human dignity and gender justice through policy, legal and institutional reforms, community action and media engagement. From that context, TAWLA envisage a society that respects and upholds the rights of women and her mission is to promote and protect the rights of women and good governance through legal empowerment.
TAWLA seeks to recruit experienced staff members to fill in four vacant positions for the anticipated USAID-Tanzania funded project titled “Mwanamke Imara”. The purpose of this project is to effectively engage and empower women and young people to be resilient to violence and discrimination by strengthening women and youth economic groups and their members with skills, knowledge, and resources relevant to support their economic activities including agriculture, strengthening women and young people voices and participation in governance and decision making structures within their community. Further the project seeks to increase access to social, political, cultural and economic justice for women and young people and victims of gender based violence. These positions are subject to availability of funds.
a) Assist in assessing the financial and administrative requirement for the grantees.
b) Adapt administrative and financial policies and procedures for grantees which includes manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with donor and TAWLA requirements
c) Provide training and technical support to grantees staff to improve administrative and financial systems by using TAWLA management tools and general management of fund procedures.
d) Ensure consistent application of TAWLA financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as donor and TAWLA related rules and regulations.
e) Act as resource person for tracking and monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees
f) Ensure that grantees provide their reports accurately within prescribed contractual timelines.
g) Monitor the need for external audits of grantees and manage the audit as needed
h) Coordinate with TAWLA finance staff and field finance managers to correct grantees account errors and improve systems
i) Train new grantees staff on matters related to financial management and perform project financial review as required
j) Assist in supervising of procedures for grantees by making sure that all steps and regulations are followed properly
k) Provide technical support to grantees finance and related personnel or built capacity of financial rules and regulations by donor.
l) Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- The candidate must hold bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting, Business Administration, with accounting professional qualifications including CPA or ACCA.
- At least three years’ work experience in related field and Experience working with donor funded projects
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting and cost control.
- Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Strong analytical skills in applying principles of accounting and ensure that best practices are observed.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a higher aim of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
MODE OF APPLICATION
To apply, please send your application (CV and Cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline 22nd October 2020 1700HRS)
- TAWLA is an equal opportunity employer
- Applicant must have never been convicted of a violation of children’s rights
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 22, 2020