Employment Status: Full-time, 3 years contracts
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Organization: Tanzania Industrial Manufacturing Group
Place of employment: Lake Zone Region, Tanzania, East Africa
Starting Date : 1st February, 2021
1. In Brief
Tanzania Industrial Manufacturing Group is looking for a mission-oriented, strategic leader with vast experience in managing finance and administration in a high-growth group organization.Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for overseeing overall organizational operations, including finance, human resources, administration, business planning, legal, and digitalisation.
Internally, the Group Director of Finance and Administration will also serve as a thought partner to the Chief Executive Officer and Group Managing Director as a critical member of a small leadership team responsible for strategic decision making. The Group Director of Finance and Administration will work closely with the CEO, MD,and the leadership team to strengthen overall organizational capacity building and impact assessment, to develop and implement a national and international Group replication/dissemination strategy, and influence broader policy efforts by the Group.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong finance and operations background backed up with practical experience testimony to help strengthen and expand a programme model with the potential to scale both nationally and internationally.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with MD and the CEO; monitor progress and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Provide overall financial oversight and monitoring, including development and implementation of sound fiscal management practices and internal controls.
- Manage and oversee monthly accounting processes, including bookkeeping, payroll management, invoicing, and financial tracking of credit facilities repayments. In this capacity, manage relationships with key external vendors, including outsourced accounting/CFO firm and outsourced bookkeeping firm.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; develop financial reporting materials for all financing segments and oversee all business financials accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors.
- Provide staff support to the finance committee on the Board of Directors.
- Partner with Chief Executive Officer and leadership team to represent Group with key stakeholders, including financiers, the government, and media, academic and research institutions, Private Sector and community organizations, and volunteers.
2.2. Human Resource
- Manage and oversee Group’s human resources (HR) functions, including: recruitment and hiring; benefits, administration and oversight; new employee orientation, and employee retention strategies.
- Further develop Group’s human resources capacity as the organization scales, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff policies and procedures.
- Professionally work closely and transparently with all external partners, including third-party vendors and consultants.
2.3. Information Technology (digitalization)
- Oversee Group’s outsourced, cloud-based IT partner to ensure ongoing maintenance and quality of IT systems, implementation of Productive digitalization infrastructure and to monitor and evaluate performance against contract.
- Manage and track organizational needs for computer hardware and software, procuring new systems, equipment, and state of the art productive digital infrastructure as needed.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities, including: business insurance; memoranda of agreement; contracts; leases, and other legal documents and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as far as businesses are concern.
- Oversee general office management functions to ensure effective, high quality work environment and efficient, daily operations of physical plant and equipment and its human resourcefulness.
- Oversee all administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
3. Key Qualifications.
NOTE: The key qualifications of the desired candidates listed here below, must be responded by the candidate himself/herself on evidence based performance scenario, testimony and/or documentation beyond reasonable doubt to prove his/her qualifications, experience and competence.
The Group seeks a Director of Finance and Administration who believes in our core mission and has vast experience in developing and managing strong financial and operational systems in a high-growth manufacturing environment.
We also seek an effective leader who can motivate, inspire, and develop a committed and diverse team with Key qualifications is enumerated below:-
- Commitment to Group mission.
- Dedication to and passion for Group’s mission
- Financial management. Proven track record in organizational budgeting and financial management. Experience with and understanding of general accounting, financing and general business systems and functions. Demonstrated success in developing and monitoring financial systems.
- Operational skills. Proven track record in developing and managing operational systems in a high growth organization with strong Business management skills.
- Attention to detail. Tireless attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Action oriented. Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic, flexible, and able to multi-task. Ability to synthesize data, makes decisions, and communicates priorities to staff.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, executing multiple tasks, and achieving objectives and highly flexible.
- Results oriented. Unwavering focus on delivering high quality, data driven results. Committed to innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
- Strategic vision. Ability to think strategically and connect strong execution to broader strategic priorities and objectives.
- Candidate with Broad experience and knowledge of Global Economic trends and marketing ( International and Regional ) will be an added advantage. Applicants aged between 45-55 years are preferable but not a necessity,
- Leadership. Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people from diverse backgrounds. Committed to investing in developing staff, positioning them to succeed,
- Self-directed, positive, energetic, flexible, collaborative, and team-oriented individual.
The Director of Finance and Administration position is an outstanding opportunity to join a high growth, mission-driven organization manufacturing industrial group. Group offers highly competitive negotiable compensation package with excellent benefits.
3.2. Additional Information
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. In addition, it does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with the Tanzania labour law.
3.3 How To Apply
Please apply electronically online and submit the soft-copy of a thoughtful application Letter, well structured resume attached with “certified true copies of the original” certificates to the below mentioned e-mail address clearly mentioning the Job title in the title of your email message.
3.4 Deadline of Application.
All applications must be submitted latest by Saturday, 14 th November, 2020 at 12:00 pm East African Time.