Gulu University Postgraduate Admissions 2019/2020
OFFICE OF THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
USER GUIDE FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS
2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
Step 1: Preliminary – First thing first
Note: Online application requires that you have copies of UCE result slip, UACE result slip, Diploma and/or Degree transcripts (where applicable) or the equivalent.
(i) Go to the University website by typing gu.ac.ug on the address bar of your browser.
(ii) Click Academic Registrar and then click Online Applications from the dropdown menu.
(iii) Scroll down to the bottom of the page to download the Advert and Minimum Entry Requirements 2018-2019.
Step 2: Accessing the Online Application Portal
After reading the Advert and Minimum Entry requirements for the Academic Year 2018/2019, either type admissions.gu.ac.ug in the address bar of your browser to go directly to the online application portal.
Type gu.ac.ug in the address bar of your browser to go to Gulu University’s website; and then click Academic Registrar >> Online Applications >> Apply Now to get to the same online application portal.
Step 3: Sign Up Process
NOTE: Here you are expected to FIRST sign up before attempting to login (signing up applies only to first time users). Returning users should provide their login details and click login.
(a) Sign up by clicking on the Sign Up Now button as below:
(b) A signup form requiring you to enter your Surname, Other Names, Mobile Number and E-mail will appear as shown below:
(c) Enter your personal details (surname, other names…) as they appear in your official academic documents.
(d) Click the I’m not a robot check box and click sign up
(e) A default password will be sent, as a text message, to the mobile phone number you provided.
(f) The system will prompt you to change the password to one you can easily remember.
(g) Please, when prompted by the system, change your password to what you can easily remember but one which cannot easily be guessed by another person.
Step 4: Login process
a) Enter the email address you provided and the password you changed to and click Login.
b) You will see the screen as shown below:
Step 5: Filling Application Form
(a) Click on the Apply Now button displayed on the right hand side of the scheme you are applying for.
Note: Be sure of the scheme you are applying for. (E.g. Undergraduate Direct Entry, Mature Entry, Graduate Entry etc.).
(b) Follow the instructions on the form you are filling to complete the form.
(c) If you successfully complete your form with the right information, click SUBMIT FORM at the bottom of the form as shown below:
Note: If you don’t provide information in a mandatory field marked with red Asterisk (*), you will not be able to submit the form. Instead, you will receive an error message at the top of the form as shown below: (The message reads: “INVALID! You need to fill in the required fields before submitting the form.”)
- If you receive such a message, scroll the form and find the field highlighted red as shown below.
Provide the required information and then click SUBMIT FORM.
Step 6: Pay for the Application Form
(a) Once you submit your form, you must pay the application fee for your form to be processed. Otherwise, it will not be processed.
(b) So, click on the Pay For Form button on the left as shown below.
(c) If you have a printer, click PRINT PAYSLIP at the bottom of the Application Payment Advice Slip that would have popped up as shown below: OR, you may copy ZEEPAY REFERENCE NUMBER highlighted red and go to any of the listed banks on the Application payment advice slip and pay the application fee.
Step 7: Checking the status of a completed and paid for form
(a). After depositing your application fee in one of the designated banks, log into your Online Application Portal.
(b). The status of your form should look as below:
(c) If you have paid and the payment status still reads “Application fee payment for this form is pending”, contact the bank where you deposited the application fee and have it corrected.
(d) Otherwise, you may now Log out.
- If you are admitted, you will get a text message on both the phone number and email address you provided. A list of admitted students will also be displayed on both the University website and the University notice boards.
- For Direct Entry Scheme applicants, once you have paid the application fee, just wait for the text and email messages to admitted candidates.
- For all other Schemes, copies of academic documents must be submitted to the admissions office or the coordination office at UMA show ground, Lugogo, Kampala before the closing date (2018/19).
Advert for Academic Year 2019-2020
Minimum Entry Requirements 2019-2020
Online Application User Guide
Admissions 2019/2020 for Public Universities in Uganda
- Busitema University Admissions 2019/2020
- Gulu University Admissions 2019/2020
- Kyambogo University Admissions 2019/2020
- Uganda Management Institute Admissions 2019/2020
- Makerere University Admissions 2019/2020
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology Admissions 2019/2020
- Muni University Admissions 2019/2020
- Soroti University Admissions 2019/2020
Admissions 2019/2020 for Private Universities in Uganda
- Africa Renewal University Admissions 2019/2020
- African Bible University Admissions 2019/2020
- African Rural University Admissions 2019/2020
- All Saints University, Lango Admissions 2019/2020
- Bishop Stuart University Admissions 2019/2020
- Bugema University Admissions 2019/2020
- Busoga University Admissions 2019/2020
- Cavendish University Admissions 2019/2020
- Ibanda University Admissions 2019/2020
- International Health Sciences University Admissions 2019/2020
- International University of East Africa Admissions 2019/2020
- Isbat University Admissions 2019/2020
- Islamic Call University College Admissions 2019/2020
- Islamic University in Uganda Admissions 2019/2020
- Kabale University Admissions 2019/2020
- Kampala International University Admissions 2019/2020
- Kampala University Admissions 2019/2020
- Kayiwa International University Admissions 2019/2020
- Kumi University Admissions 2019/2020
- Lira University Admissions 2019/2020
- Livingstone International University Admissions 2019/2020
- Mountains of the Moon University Admissions 2019/2020
- Muteesa I Royal University Admissions 2019/2020
- Ndejje University Admissions 2019/2020
- Nkumba University Admissions 2019/2020
- Nsaka University Admissions 2019/2020
- St. Augustine International University Admissions 2019/2020
- St. Lawrence University Admissions 2019/2020
- Stafford University Admissions 2019/2020
- Team University Admissions 2019/2020
- Uganda Christian University Admissions 2019/2020
- Uganda Martyrs University Admissions 2019/2020
- Uganda Pentecostal University Admissions 2019/2020
- Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) Admissions 2019/2020
- Valley University of Science & Technology Admissions 2019/2020
- Victoria University Admissions 2019/2020
- Virtual University of Uganda Admissions 2019/2020
ADMISSIONS 2019/2020 FOR UNIVERSITY COLLEGES IN UGANDA
- Bishop Barham University College Admissions 2019/2020
- Kisubi Brothers University College Admissions 2019/2020
- Nile University Uganda Admissions 2019/2020