Elewana Collection of Lodges, Camps & Hotels
The Elewana Collection of 16 boutique lodges, camps and hotels is known for its unique accommodations in iconic locations across Kenya and Tanzania
Head Barman Job Vacancy at Elewana Collection of Lodges, Camps & Hotels
At Elewana Afrika (T) Limited, we:
- Deliver an unforgettable experience for each of our guests and do so at every opportunity.
- Respect the Elewana Brand Values and demonstrate these in our daily working life.
- work as One Team and support each other in everything we do.
- take pride in ourselves and in the brand that we represent.
- Treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect, as everyone is important.
- never say ‘no’ to our guests.
Applications are now being accepted for the following vacancy at Elewana Afrika (T) Ltd:
Position title: Head Barman
Reporting to: Food and Beverage Manager
Duty station: Elewana Arusha Coffee Lodge, Tanzania
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head Barman to oversee our Bar operations and ensure that our team of Waiters and Waitresses are trained to the highest standards. Should also ensure the smooth running of the bar, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the bar operations and maintaining the highest quality of Bar services.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Perform all tasks accurately and correctly according to the Food and Beverage Manual.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly bar reports accurately.
- Strictly follow the company’s and property’s financial procedures.
- Follow up on out of stock beverages and guest supplies.
- Ensure all mise-en-place procedures and checklists are strictly adhered to
- Ensure stock rotation procedures, FIFO and write-offs procedures are strictly adhered to
- Actively participate in monthly service stock takes and ensure bars are correctly equipped for all seasons
- Ensure Weekly Beverage Financial Targets are met
- Ensure beverage COS is achieved weekly
- Ensure all training is correctly documented and that all barman are at least 80% proficient
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all guest feedback, preferences and generic daily issue
- Ensure effective systems of identifying Elewana Guests and well looked after in all our bars
- Training new employees on company procedures and policies
- Serving as a liaison between the manager and other staff members
- Creating new alcoholic beverages or updating existing recipes based on customer requests
- Overseeing the inventory of liquor in the bar, ordering new supplies when necessary, and organizing storage space for bottles
- Managing all bar operations including staff scheduling, inventory, ordering supplies, and creating drink specials
- Ensuring that customers receive prompt attention from wait staff and bartenders
- Maintaining cleanliness of bar area and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions for patrons
- Determining when to stop serving alcohol to patrons who have had too much to drink
- Preparing drink orders for patrons, including mixing beverages and serving them to customers
- Ensuring that bars cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to
- Ensuring adequate mise-en-place before every shift
- Ensuring Quality controls are strictly adhered to
- Ensuring 100% availability of all our stocks listed on our beverage list
Experience & Education:
- Minimum qualifications Diploma in Hotel Management or a related field.
- At least 3- 5 years of experience as a Head Barman with a track record of training and managing teams.
- Broad-based Food and Beverage Hospitality experience.
- Tertiary qualification in bartending or Food and Beverage related.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service and a commitment to maintaining high standards.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in achieving financial targets and increasing revenue.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and compliance requirements.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Elewana Afrika provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regards to race, colour, religion, gender, tribe, age, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or marital status.
We offer attractive remuneration, benefits and career progression appropriate to your skills, qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com quoting the Head Barman in the email header no later than 31st May 2023 with a detailed CV & covering letter, demonstrating how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this position.
Confidentiality assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply