Head: Finance Operations – VTFN005
• Deliver world class finance transaction processing – Ensure efficiency by standardizing transactional processes
• Develop and update VTL’s accounting policies and ensure consistent application of these policies across Finance and the OpCo.
• Ensure the complete, accurate and timely accounting for transactions relevant to indirect taxes and direct taxes, asset accounting, receivables, payables, wholesale traffic (including invoicing, financial netting, payments, both as supplier and customer at the same time – interconnection, roaming, MVNO/Es accounting), intercompany transactions, etc with support of the Tax team.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership.
• Develop strong working relationship with Head of Finance Operations Vodacom/Vodafone
• Develop and drive implementation of strategy for the Finance Operations function, encompassing: direction; process improvement; human resource capability; organisation support; and technology platforms
• Ensure the correct treatment of accounting principles according to national and international accounting policies and VGIAP
• Provide financial information to cope with external official requests by Regulatory and Government bodies by running the accounting regulatory model
• Manage all margin accounting activities
• Ensure that all initiatives, new products and services can be properly managed by integrating the commercial requirements with the needs of finance operations (e.g. accounting, tax, reporting, supply chain)
• Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance throughout the OpCo
• Lead and implement tax compliance activities in conjunction with the Head of Tax, with the exception of Employment Taxes (PAYE, Non-resident Contractors tax)
• Provide leadership and direction to the Policy Committee
• Ensure the end to end correctness of all revenues and costs by applying processes and tools to capture all revenues and the right costs incurred
• Manage payments and encashment within the P2P and O2C process.
• Guarantee the compilation of the entity’s financial statements and financial statutory reporting in compliance with all the relevant GAAPs
• Ensure timely & correct payment of commissions to the dealers
• Own, manage and drive the OpCo people change agenda
• Develop organisational capability to deliver to future roadmaps.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• MUST HAVE: 10+ years financial accounting experience
• MUST HAVE: 6+ years in a senior management role (concurrent with the above)
• MUST HAVE: Excellent technical accounting skills
• MUST HAVE: Strategic vision
• MUST HAVE: Commercial drive
• MUST HAVE: Relationship building/networking skills
• MUST HAVE: Problem solving including effective negotiator skills
• PREFERRED: Telco industry experience
• PREFERRED: Knowledge and experience as a Financial Controller for a large, global organization
• Tertiary degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
• Chartered Accountant or Professional qualified accountant
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date: 02-Mar-18, 11:59:00 PM