Head of Application Support
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The Head of Application Support is responsible for the delivery, support, and implementation of complex enterprise application systems (including Core Banking), both cloud, and on-premise. Reporting to the Head of IT, this individual is responsible for leading the enterprise application, digital channels, and UAT functions for the IT organization. In this role, the individual will manage multiple projects and priorities in addition to managing day to day application support & operations. As a single point of contact between IT & business for various applications, you will lead initiatives, resolve problems and develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, effective communication with stakeholders and ability to provide leadership and direction to team members will be keys to your success.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of enterprise applications (e.g. core banking applications, CRM, etc.), Digital Channels, and UAT environment in support of business objectives while working to modernize the application landscape.
- Manage overall solution & service delivery for prioritized projects, enhancement and break/fix demand for application portfolio
- Drive standardization & automation across business processes leveraging standard/corporate solutions. Actively engage with business in defining optimal solutions to support and improve business processes.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and enhancements of the architectural roadmap toward a modern technology platform, development standards, and QA practices.
- Responsible for balancing investment between solution iteration and innovation, ensuring the bank explore new technologies (mobility, artificial intelligence, analytics, cloud platforms, etc..), and provide a vision for robust, flexible, scalable enterprise capabilities.
- Establish and grow an enterprise-wide analytics capability, integrating Systems, operations, customer, and endpoint device data to support business operations and strategy.
- Responsible for integrated incident, change and problem management. Ensure systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed for application support.
- Manage solution Implementations, roll-outs and delivery for internal businesses & functions.
- Lead/collaborate with external vendors for projects execution & application support
- Manage, lead and mentor team members. Sets measurable goals and deadlines for team members
- Handle changing priorities and provide decisive leadership in complex situations
- Implement industry best practices for solution as well as service delivery.
- Drive software license optimization initiatives
- Experience in Financial planning including annual budget, forecasting and cost tracking, work estimation, funding requests, application total cost of ownership
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic & Telecommunications or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in applications including experience in deploying large enterprise applications likes Oracle Flexcube, SAP, etc
- Proven ability to integrate modern technology and legacy platforms, experience with SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- 10+ years of experience leading across the following domains information management, enterprise application development, SDLC, QA, agile and lean delivery methodologies, and ITIL frameworks.
- 10+ years of experience in technology management, leadership, and operations positions, with responsibility for budget and department administration.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects on-time, within budget, and in scope.
- Led at least 2 projects that involved global deployment of solutions
- Experience of setting up application support teams, processes & tools for a complex application portfolio.
- Strong Industry and Functional expertise with configuration and design experience
- Has good experience of business engagement and senior Stakeholder management.
- Should be able to organize teams and resolve critical situation or complex requirements.
- Familiar with tools and technology necessary to manage application projects & support (Ticketing tool, monitoring tools, Demand/Capacity management tools, Monitoring tools and automation, Project tracking etc.)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment
- Should be able to influence decision-making and drive project delivery.
- Should have experience of working /managing application portfolios comprising of technologies like .Net/Java, Microsoft technologies, Linux, Websphere, PostgresSQL, AWS/Azure, Oracle DB, etc
- Knowledge or certificate in Cloud Computing will be added advantage
- Oracle certification will be of added advantage
- Knowledge of banking/ branch operations will be of added advantage
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment