Dar es Salaam
Tigo – Tanzania
Tanzania’s fastest growing telecom company.
Position: Head of Brand and Communications
The Head of Brand and Communications is responsible for developing and managing the TIGO brand. The position has leadership responsibility related to brand equity. The Head of Brand & Comms is responsible for working as part of the marketing team to develop and execute marketing programs associated with the growth of the TIGO brand, revenue growth and market share.
A main brand custodian, this position will oversee the development and adherence of Brand guidelines for all communication channels and be part of commercial propositions development to ensure that the products/services are in line with the brand positioning.
It is the focal point of all communications internal and external, designs, concepts, directions, events, sponsorships, visibility, and activations ensuring that they are all in line to support the brand positioning.
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE.
By connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity, and innovation.
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Guidelines
- Product & Brand Communication
- Institutional Communication
- PR and Sponsorship management
- Overall Digital and social Media inclusion strategy and Implementation
- Build Brand Strategy to align Tigo to desired Brand position, across all segments and categories
- Apply brand guiding principles and ensure brand image sustainability
- Guaranteed delivery on brand promise and maintain brand consistency
- Manage brand equity
- Develop brand positioning tactics
- Analyze product/service and campaigns performance and prepare market feedback report and plan
- Together with Research Manager, work to ensure all Brand aspects required to design high performance campaigns are incorporated
- Own and Administrate A&P budget to support brand and business units
- Execute Brand training plans for different business units.
- Define and validate creative brief for both ATL and tactical campaigns; and develop communication strategy guidelines for the same.
- Provide overall direction/validate media strategies for both traditional and digital to ensure are in line with the business and communications objectives
- Is responsible for an effective flow of information about commercial strategy, roadmaps and implementation to the Brand team and Business units
- Determines which resources (financial, staffing and organization) and time schedules are required to achieve objectives
- People management in accordance with Tigo people policies and Ensures successor planning and management development
- Is responsible for own development
- Develop and supervise marketing/communication campaigns both strategic and tactical end to end.
- Define and validate creative brief and supervise the entire creative process for all communication campaigns
- Manage timely campaign launches, events and sponsorships.
- Manage cross functional integration to provide communication solutions for various projects/products.
- Manage Creative, Digital and BTL agencies also responsible for defining creative, activation and engagement briefs to ensure creation of insightful and impactful campaigns
- Meets with the Global Categories to design Brand strategy for each product
- Reports on Brand and Business performance in relations to commercial/brand communication objectives.
- Translates consumer strategy into action plan in cooperation with the brand specialists
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration and Engineering
- MBA or master preferably in Marketing
- Minimum 7+ years of proven experience in Communication, Branding and Product Image Management
• Extensive senior marketing and managerial experience preferably in Telecommunication
• Added advantage – Advertising Agency background
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
- Core knowledge about marketing-related subjects such as advertising, consumer behavior, marketing strategy, market research.
- A minimum of 6+ years of marketing, brand, business management or franchise management experience are required
- Good knowledge in finance and very strong analytical skills.
- Budget and forecast preparation for A&P, media strategy and prioritization
- Strong communication and leadership skills
How to Apply :
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly address your application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is Friday 21st April 2023.