Head of Compliance
Bank of Baroda, a leading nationalized bank in India is an international bank. It ranks 182 amongst the top 1000 in the world. The Bank of Baroda has worldwide presence by way of 10 Subsidiaries, 1 overseas joint venture, 1 overseas associate and 46 branches at overseas Centre. It is second largest public sector banks in India.
Bank of Baroda entered Tanganyika way back in 1956 and remained till nationalization of financial institutions upto February 1967. The Bank had three branches in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi at the time of nationalization under Arusha declaration. The bank had come back to play its role in the economic development of the country and well-being of the people of the United Republic of Tanzania in October 2004.
Bank of Baroda (Tanzania) Limited is fully owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda. As part of the expansion program bank needs human resources for their operations in Tanzania. Presently the Bank has branches in Dar es Salaam, Arusha and Mwanza.
The Bank is providing full-fledged banking operations and serving the people in all walks of life. The bank is financing businessman, traders, manufacturers, retailers, individuals, employees of well established companies, institutions, government departments, SMEs etc. in addition to other Banking Services.
Position: Head of Compliance
Major responsibilities shall include:
- Advise the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards and inform about any developments in these areas and any policy that needs to be in place.
- Ensure that all are the regulatory, statutory returns/statements are submitted to Bank of Tanzania and other regulatory bodies on time as per desired periodicity.
- Support in building a robust compliance culture based on ethical standards of behavior and thus contributing to effective corporate governance.
- Review, provide recommendations and assess compliance to regulatory requirements on the internal policies, procedures and guidelines, ensure a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, make recommendations for amendment, where necessary and supervise the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
- Responsible as the Banks Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) hence ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates shall have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Law/Banking. The person having experience of working in compliance department of Bank will have added advantage.
Who can Apply
Candidates holding Local Citizenship i.e. Tanzanian Nationality only can apply for the requested Job Opportunity.
Successful candidates shall receive a competitive salary and other benefits in accordance with the status of the bank in the industry.
Mode of Application
Candidates who meet the required qualification and experience shall apply in writing accompanied by CV and a passport size photograph attached to the CV, providing postal as well as E-mail addresses and telephone numbers. In addition they shall provide names and postal and E-mail addresses of two referees who will be contacted to furnish confidential reports to successful candidates to the following address not later than 30th September 2020.
Bank of Baroda (T) Limited.
Plot no.149/32, Ohio/Sokoine Drive, P O Box No.5356, Dar es salaam, TANZANIA
Phone no: +255 22 2124472/87, 2124461 (CM), Fax: +255 22 2124457
Email: [email protected]. Website: https://bankofbaroda.co.tz/
The management reserves the rights of shortlisting and only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted for an interview.