Job Title: Head of Compliance M-Pesa
To effectively advice, guide and service the business on all matters of compliance with mobile financial services (MFS) laws, regulations, company & group policies and international best practices.
Ultimately responsible for ensuring the embedment and enforcement of an adequate and effective compliance program in M-Pesa in order to foster and adhere to sprit of compliance in business operation and customer services.
- Design and implement a legal and regulatory compliance programme in order to ensure mobile financial services compliance risks are appropriately addressed and managed.
- Ensure M-Pesa has the necessary and appropriate framework and level of controls in place to safeguard against Anti Bribery/Corruption (ABC) and all transactions comply fully with Economic Sanctions and Trade Export Controls and Vodafone Group best practice standards and requirements.
- Ensure M-Pesa has the necessary and appropriate level of controls in place to safeguard all money transfer systems, processes and procedures in order comply fully with relevant legislation in particular Anti-Money Laundering (AML) legislation as well as Vodafone Group best practice standards/ requirements.
- Ensure that the annual Policy Compliance Review (PCR) runs smoothly within the set deadlines.
- Carry out Due diligences for M-Pesa Agents and Customers against potential risks relating to ABC, AML, Anti-Terrorist Funding, and Economic Sanctions and Trade Export.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Legal, Business, Finance or Accounting background
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial sector statutory, regulatory and business environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry, of which 3 years in the Compliance, Financial Crime or audit function in banking, or telecommunication.
- Exposure to monitoring / auditing principles
- ACAMS certification will be added advantage
- Self-motivated, professional and able to maintain confidence when under pressure;
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Good communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Continually seeks to improve the way things are done, proposing innovative solutions.