Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited is a full service commercial bank which specializes in providing facilities and services to public and private sector corporations, diplomatic missions and international organizations.
Stanbic Bank Tanzania is a member of the Standard Bank Group of South Africa and was established in May 1995 when Standard Bank Group acquired Meridian Biao Bank Tanzania Limited.
Job Title: Head of Credit
Report to: Chief Executive
The incumbent will be responsible to evaluate credit risk profiles and manage the Country Credit Risk portfolio and profile within it’s risk appetite and acceptable bank parameters. To interact with other departments with regards to credit strategy.
The roles and responsibilities of the incumbent will be as follows:
Develop and implement the Credit Risk Management Frameworks:
- Execute the bank’s credit strategy within country of responsibility.
- Review management information relevant to the credit portfolio and provide input on the bank’s credit strategy and provide value-add change initiatives with respect to training, portfolio management, policies, procedures, processes and products.
- Liaise with other business units i.e Corporate investment Banking (CIB), Personal and Business Banking (PBB) to ensure optimal client solutioning at an agreed risk profile.
- Take responsibility for providing expert advice to business partners on credit risk, credit assessment and internal control, to ensure an effective annual review of Risk Acceptance Criteria.
- Articulate and establish appropriate Credit Governance for the country.
- Establish an appropriate country credit strategy and enabling policies based on the overall bank strategy to support the business strategy.
- Take responsibility for the retail credit and market risk management performance of the bank, in partnership with country Chief Executive.
- Review and drive enhancements to the business model for the monitoring and control processes with a view to streamlining or automating processes/procedures.
- Be a part of the new product committee and provide input from a credit point of view.
- Ensure that the various sub-sections are managed effectively and efficiently and that minimum quality standards are maintained.
- Identify and monitor loss experience to suggest preventive measures to Business Partners.
- Take responsibility and accountability for regulatory compliance including monitoring compliance with laws, regulations and supervisory requirements, creating awareness amongst staff of relevant legislation and reporting any breaches and exposures to the CRMC.
Review credit approvals
- Review and approve retail and wholesale credit proposals of the bank and to maintain a good balance between returns and risks exposures.
- Review credit proposals and ensure they are within their
- Review the credit applications and based on modeling and credit methodologies approve or decline within mandated
- Escalate credit decisions that fall outside of job
- Chair the in-country Credit Committee.
- Monitor Credit files and refer escalated issues to other credit related forums for solutioning.
- Analyze applications for facilities to assess the appropriateness of the credit risk relative to the business strategy and profitability of the deal.
- Provide effective high-quality analysis, approval and where necessary recommendations to higher authority.
- Ensure legal execution is in line with the credit sanction and that ongoing credit management is in place.
Ensure management of recoveries
- Engage with receivables and establish an action plan for the recovery of funds should a deal not work
- Work with Credit Managers, Relationship Managers to agree on new repayment terms and any new conditions of
- Liaise with receivable managers to reschedule payment of files and find solutions which suits the bank and the Negotiate the new terms with creditors.
Participate in various forums and committees
- Be actively involved in various Credit Oversight Portfolio Monitoring forums, Watchlists and New Product meetings relating to deals and names managed by the core relationship management team.
- Be actively involved in various management forums and committees i.e Country Risk Management Committee.
- Ensure adequate systems, policies, processes and procedures are in place to monitor; and manage credit risk arising from across geography sector focus.
- Participate in forums around the development of business strategy as
Manage a team effectively
- Manage a team to ensure effectively delivery of objectives for the area.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding the bank’s performance process, regular performance feedback and coaching.
- Create workforce plans for the area to ensure that current and future requirements are met.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES SKILL
Minimum qualification: A graduate or postgraduate qualification in Business Commerce, Economics , Finance and other related fields.
Business Management: The incumbent must have 7-10 years experience in a management position in credit with experience in local and cross border credit transactions.
Loan assessment and approval The incumbent must be able to assess the financial status of a customer or client to determine if they qualify for a loan based on established parameters and criteria.
Risk Reporting: The incumbent must be able to prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis on the risk landscape in the business including interpretation and analysis for use by business users.
Risk Management: The incumbent must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk management methodologies, tools, governance structures and regulatory requirements for good management of risk.
Financial Statement Analysis: The incumbent must have the ability to review balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements and tax returns to determine the credit risk of the client.
Recoveries: The incumbent must have the ability to apply legal process in recovering assets that were put forward as security for loans.
Credit Granting: The incumbent must have the ability to assess the financial status of a client to determine if they qualify for a loan based on established parameters and criteria.
Other competencies include: Interpreting Data; Providing Insights; Examining Information; Documenting Facts; Convincing People; Articulating Information; Leading Courageously; Conveying Self-Confidence; Pursuing Goals; and Influencing Others.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications to be sent to: email@example.com
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited,
Dar Es Salaam.
Plot No. 99A, Corner of Kinondoni Rd/Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd.
Closing Date: Wednesday, November4th, 2020