Maendeleo Bank PLC commenced operations in September 2013 as a Regional Bank with its Headquarters at Luther House Sokoine Drive Dar es Salaam. It is the first bank in Tanzania to be listed on Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) from its inception through the Enterprise Growth Market (EGM) window. Its Mission is to provide innovative, customer needs driven financial services with competitive returns to our Shareholders.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the bank’s financial strategy and planning. Reporting to the Managing Director, he/she will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the bank as well as possible risks and investments. The Head of Finance is responsible for leading the formulation and execution of financial strategy and oversees all financial management. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Maendeleo Bank’s mission, and its long term potentials.
Overall Purpose for the job:
The Head of Finance will be responsible for financial and information management system. This position will handle all day-to-day accounting, tax management, treasury operations and finance functions, including financial reporting to management, regulators and the board.
To lead finance team in providing quality management information through proper record keeping, planning and forecasting; and putting in place high standard of controls to minimize risks. Responsible for the overall cost management of the bank and coordinate Planning and budgeting process for the bank.
A Head of Finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge to all accounting, financial and business principles. He/She is a strategic thinker and effective leader who can make the most profitable decisions.
- The Head of Finance has a primary responsibility for planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the bank, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate system of tax and regulatory filings and oversees the annual financial audits of the bank.
- Maintains situational awareness of economic conditions, industry standards and market trends of banking and finance industry.
- Prepares, presents and interprets financial reports to senior management; adheres to tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank.
- Formulate, monitor and evaluate bank’s Policies and Strategies.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Manage shareholders and regulators relationships.
- Responsible for managing all matters pertaining to Finance.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity, accuracy and completeness of financial data of the bank.
- Supervising filing of statutory returns to regulatory authorities
- To perform any other duties as will be requested by his/her supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- A CPA (T)/ ACCA along with a relevant Master’s Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Proven experience of at least 10 years as Head of Finance, with at least 5 years in banking.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Competence in IFRSs, IASs, Impairment/ECL Models will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered with National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA)
Mode of Application:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit the following:
- An application letter detailing their suitability for the position,
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of Certificates,
- One recent coloured passport size Photograph
To be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Maendeleo Bank PLC
P.O. Box. 216, Dar es Salaam.
The applications can be sent through the above postal address or email address; email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is 01st May 2023 at A.OOpm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that candidates will meet their own travel and accommodation costs for the interviews.