Head of Global Subsidiaries – (2000000752)
Job: Institutional Banking
Primary Location: Tanzania
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 20/Jan/2020
Unposting Date: 04/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Primary role is to Outline strategy, drive execution, actively manage a set of relationships and coordinate overall relationship and revenue profitability from the TZ Client portfolio, both from existing clients and through new client acquisition across network markets in all regions of the bank. The position is based in Tanzania.
Key Responsibilities: Origination, Credit and Control:
• Assist the RH GS Africa & GB Head TZ & work along with existing country GS heads, RMs and corridor bankers to develop & execute strategy of growth for the TZ Corporate Business.
• Responsible for Origination and work closely with overseas Relationship Manager (RMs) teams (along with Credit Analysts (CAs) and Client Coverage Managers (CCMs) in Tanzania and across Franchise markets in deepening relationships and driving revenue growth in the Chinese Portfolio.
• Ensure quality pitches to clients, along with Global Account Managers, where appropriate. Assist the GAM (or drive individually for allocated accounts) to deliver a deal from origination to final closure.
• Senior client calling on the Multinational Portfolio and briefing on a regular basis for account maintenance and deal negotiation.
• Engage senior internal stakeholders for thought leadership events, credit and any other pertinent issues.
• Increase engagement levels with Global Account Managers (GAMs), GS and GB heads in key markets like India, South Africa, Japan, Europe and Americas to strengthen group level relationships, deliver on the Tanzania opportunities and to seamlessly cover subsidiaries of Global names active in Tanzania.
• Stakeholder engagement: Lead key stakeholder engagement including other GS Heads in region, GS Colleagues in other markets, GAMs, GB Heads, TB Sales, TB and FM product teams and CEO’s.
• Reputation Risk and Focus on Controls – Proactively manage reputation, FCC and AML risk on the portfolio across markets.
Client On boarding & Deal Execution:
• Work with CAs and COBAM to obtain pre-deal clearances & ensure timely delivery.
• Oversee CCM to ensure smooth on-boarding of client after thorough completion of documentation and other processes.
• Work with product partners to deliver effective cross sell, wallet sizing and comprehensive account plans.
• Successfully negotiate and close out pricing and other deal dynamics with client
• Oversee the quality & turnaround of credit proposal and ensure faster delivery. Work with CA’s for resolving Credit queries, presenting emerging deals to GAM teams and engage with SCO’s across Africa periodically to share evolving credit environment.
• Have/ Develop an understanding of the banking regulations / compliance requirements across Tanzania / Africa
• Facilitate / LiaIse with CDU/ External Legal counsel, where required, in preparation and execution of Non-Standard Documentation
• Account Management / Portfolio Quality – Attend CIC meetings to ensure proper strategy for TZ MNC clients that are on early alert.
• Ensure full compliance on CDD/AML matters related to portfolio
• Have an oversight on risk & overall accountability of the credit quality in the portfolio.
• Maximizing Revenue – deliver on GS Tanzania budget (including RoRWA)
• Minimal / Nil Provisioning. Proactively manage accounts on Early Alert.
• Effective Cross Sell and look for deeper mining on FM, Project Finance and Txn Banking revenues.
• People Management: Manage the country team of other GS RMs / CCMs / CA’s including training, skill supplement, career development and Motivation / morale themes.
• Stakeholder Management – Work with country GB head, FM, CF and TB partners to develop and periodically review progress against agreed revenue and target names for the TZ portfolio.
• New client’s addition & franchise building for the Chinese Tanzania– Coordinate approach at Africa and regional level and with GAM’s and corridor bankers.
• Improve and up-tier senior client calling including ideating deals originated
• Improve Quality of portfolio including Credit and other hygiene factors.
• Risk and AML certified as stipulated by bank policy (including Core Credit Curriculum)
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Tanzania GS team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Minimum 10 years+ of banking experience in a Coorporate banking environment with direct frontline relationship experience of 5 years.
• Prior background and experience as a credit analyst is preferable.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.