To Drive M-Pesa strategy within the Enterprise Business unit: To analyze, prioritize and deliver against Mpesa business growth opportunities within a strategic framework and target set. To provide administrative and second line support to M-pesa Key accounts customers; educate them on the Mpesa product
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Identify M-PESA growth prospects and specific opportunities within Public and MNC customers to grow payment solutions (M-PESA) in the account and the EBU; increase penetration through acquisition. Drive Sales
• Device strategic plans for M-PESA penetration within the account and ensure implementation of tactical plans execution including pipelines.
• Provide leadership for customers in understanding business objectives and recommend M-PESA business solutions to achieve those goals
• Effectively manage the existing and newly acquired partners in terms of quality of service provided, uptake of any new products and services and provision of advisory services.
• Support special projects & functionality pilots through on ground activities, input to training materials, preparation of SIMS/phones & training of Business
• Partners & customers, carrying out UAT’s tests and support deployments
• Act as the link between M-PESA and other teams namely M-Commerce, Sales n Distribution, EBU Direct n Indirect Sales, Finance, and M-PESA IT.
• To coordinate the Training and Key Accounts support functions within M-PESA operations section in addition to other roles. Provide support in new locations through on-ground training on web & phone and help & advice to new operations team members
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless support
• Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
• Supervision of Key Accounts team to ensure resolution of escalated issues and assisting staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems within set SLA
• Coordinate New Partners allocations, Training and certificate requests within required SLA’s
• Apply specific experience to assist the Product development team to design M-PESA solutions for enterprise customers;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Developed sales strategies, tactics and techniques based on the feedback of the customer and market environment.
• Ability to manage effectively a cross-functional team.
• Experience in developing sales strategies and performance metrics.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Leadership ability, entrepreneurial attitude and a good team player.
• Advanced computer program skills like Microsoft Word, Excel and so on.
• Strong training and presentation skills.
• Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and close deadline
• Operational Management – experience with management of large teams achieving deadlines
• Customer focussed – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
• Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & customer
• Process-and Control Oriented – solid understanding of key cross-functional processes touching m-Commerce; able to play an efficient role; able to spot optimization and risk management opportunities
• Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage.
• Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• More than 5 years’ experience in Sales and/or Customer management for major corporate clients, commercially savvy with detailed understanding of the technologies the company is selling and issues that typically arise
• Degree on Business Administration, Finance or Equivalent.
• Industry certifications would be an added advantage (ITIL Foundation, MCP/MCSE, CCNA etc.)
• Master’s Degree will be added Advantage
TO APPLY CLICK HERE