Head of MFS Government Business Relations – MTMSL (tigo Pesa)
Dar es Salaam Full time
End date to apply: 31/05/2022
This position is responsible for building business engagement with the government both in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. You are a single point of contact for all government entities and other related Partners
We contribute and Lead
By connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity & innovation.
- Establish productive relationship as per the agreed KPIs to meet the business objectives.
- Monitor performance and collect ideas from government agencies as key stakeholders
- Work with relevant bodies to ensure our service provision is progressive and state of the art
- Maintain strong relationship with stakeholders to optimize avenues for expansion of payment portfolio for government initiatives
- Design bespoke value proposition for government entities and related stakeholders.
- Manage Government related contract process to ensure best entities are on boarded.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the line manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- 8-10+ years of experience for dealing with corporate sales with emphasis on government related business in MFS, Financial Services, Finance, Banking and Product Management
- Proven track of success in managing commercial units, B2b and B2C
- Capable of managing complicated legal agreements with high level of professionalism
- Capable of delicately managing big business entities whilst maximizing Tigo’s interest
- Ability to engage in effective and persuasive negotiations and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage complex Decision-Making Unit (DMUs) of s and related entities.
- Excellent comprehension of English and Kiswahili is mandatory
- Experienced with the Tanzanian market and government operations
- Ability to indirectly lead cross-functional teams and engage at the highest level possible
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted”.