Head of NECTA School
Aga Khan Education Service,Tanzania (AKES,T ), is a private, not for profit, service company registerd under companies Act and operates four schools in Tanzania offering the international Baccalaurete PYP/Diploma programme, Pre IGCSE at grade 7-9, IGCSE at grade 10 and 11 and the NECTA curriculum from 1-6. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire a qualified Head of NECTA (National Curriculum) School, Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary with a proven track record in leadership, strategic and NECTA education administration.
The role is based in Dar es Salaam.
The Head of NECTA School will be responsible for the overall academic and financial performance of the National Curriculum (NECTA) at Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary School, S/he will take a leadership role in strengthening the quality of teaching and learning, bringing efficiencies to the management of the National curriculum. This is a vitally important role with genuine transformational potential. Actively participate in promoting an enabling environment for students and staff and a positive image of the school.
- Inform and advice the Chief Executive Officer regarding all aspects of NECTA Programmes
- Plan the NECTA programmes in co-operation with the Chief Executive Officer, and where appropriate.
- Design and implement, in co-operation with Heads of Department, a NECTA programme to meet the educational needs of our students within the statutory curriculum requirements.
- Maintain overall responsibility for standards of student work in all areas of the curriculum, and work towards value added success in every student’s achievements.
- Improve teaching and learning with focus to improve overall school academic performance.
- Ensure that staff are informed of, and are adhering to, all NECTA curriculum regulations and requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor/Master Degree in Education
Over 5 years of experience in a senior supervisory position in NECTA secondary school (both O& A -Levels)
Proven consistency in school work performance.
Applications should include a 300 word statement that demonstrates suitability in the role and best practices together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees, emailed by 2nd December 2019 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P.O. Box 125 DAR ES SALAAM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted