Head Of Operations and Institutional Systems Development
Our client Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) is an autonomous, not for profit, non-political national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information, education, and services in Tanzania. UMATI was established in 1959 and is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). UMATI is inviting dynamic and result oriented persons to fill the position of Head of Operations and Institutional Systems Development. The job requirements are listed below:
Job Title: Head of Operations & Institutional Systems Development (HOISD)
Division: Operations & Institutional Systems Development
Location: Dar es Salaam
Responsible to: Executive Director
Manager, Finance, Accounting & Systems Development Manager
Human Resources, Governance and Administration Manager;
Business Development and Resource mobilization Officer, Procurement and Logistics
The HOISD contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial, human and operational tasks for the Association through effective plans and within the approved policies and budget and provides full support to the daily activities of the Association. S/he takes a lead role in the development of institutional systems that support the Executive Director (ED) in the implementation of the UMATI strategic plan. S/he further takes a leading role in ensuring that the Association comply with internal policies, national and international financial compliances.
- Oversees financial operations of UMATI
- Manages and provides on-going training to accounting personnel
- Conducts weekly and monthly financial assessments and generates reports to be submitted to the senior management team
- Establishes budgets in accordance with the requirements of the departments
- Monitors funds allocated to various functions ensuring no leakages
- Takes a lead in developing Annual Programme Budget (APB)
- Conducts analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives
- Strengthen Institutional Systems to ensure smooth running of UMATI operations. This includes ensuring SAGE ERP system is fully operational.
- Liaison with IPPF Country Technical Assistants Team on Operational matters
- Ensures UMATI meets all the IPPF accreditation Standards and other donors’ requirements.
- Preparation of finance management reports against business plan & budget as required.
- Provides management reports to the ED, the board (Finance and Audit Committee) and relevant donors.
- Prepares and manages the Member Association (MA) cash flows and forecasts.
- Manages processes for recording & reconciling expenses against income.
- Coordinates and leads the annual audit process, liaises with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assesses any changes necessary.
- Oversees and leads annual budgeting and planning process (APB) in conjunction with the ED and Head of Programmes (HOP);
- Oversees and supports the preparation of annual financial statements
- Closely monitors the creditor and debtors aging reports and take appropriate action
- Oversees the maintenance of the Assets Register which should include all relevant details i.e. asset description and code, cost, year of purchase & depreciation schedule.
Human Resources, Institutional Systems and Operations
- Further develop UMATI’s human resources administration to enhance professional development and continuously improve compensation and benefits.
- Institutionalise performance evaluation for all UMATI staff
- Establishes and manages a comprehensive training programme to educate employees.
- Oversees administrative functions, vehicle management as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations of the organization In conjunction with the ED, ensure an “arm’s length relationship” between KABIU & UMATI.
- In liaison with Human Resources Manager (HRM), support the preparation of monthly payroll, obtain approval and process to bank.
- Ensures the production and & issuance of pay slips and maintains all payroll records.
- Supports all other employer payroll related requirements.
- Works with the ED on risk management, disaster recovery & contingency planning.
- Works with ED to assess, arrange & review all insurance covers.
- Develop an effective internal control environment across all functions of UMATI.
- Works with the ED to ensure compliance with government and local authority laws, regulations and donors’ requirements.
- Oversees all procurement by the Association ensuring full compliance with the procurement policy and procedures.
- Supports the HOP in the annual stock taking exercise and valuation of medical supplies.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting is an added prerequisite.
- Holder of CPA (T)/CIMA/ACCA is a requirement.
- Familiarity with managing funds and budgets for national, international agencies and programs.
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience; must have 5 years of broad financial and operations management experience in a managerial position.
- Experience in all financial analysis, reporting and audit coordination for an organisation.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have financial backgrounds.
- A track record in grants management.
- Experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and values of UMATI.
Mode of Application:
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to [email protected].
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for submitting the application is on 19th December 2021.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.