Melva International Limited, on behalf of our reputable Client NORPLAN, we are urgently looking for a Head of Procurement
Job Location: Tanzania
Travel Required: YES
Reports to: Managing Director/Division Heads Position Type: Full-time/contract
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering or accredited Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- A Postgraduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Procurement in additional to the above academic requirement is an added advantage.
- Minimum Registration by Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Graduate Engineer
- Must have proven similar experience in procurement of Consultancy Services and be able to work and act independently.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Free from corrupt/coercive behavior
- Head of procurement processes Expressions of Interests (EOI) and Proposals for all projects with such requirements within the company.
- This include coordinating all EOIs and Proposals leaving the company and keep track of them.
- Keep track of all websites for project adverts including TANEPS and other donor funded websites etc. and share all information on EOIs and RFP immediately after they are issued by procuring entities.
- Participate in preparation of EOIs and Proposals with support from respective divisions. Specific attention should be on the specific items that may lead to non-responsiveness.
- Coordinate with respective divisions to prepare responsibilities matrix for each submission and keep track of deadlines.
- Prepare and coordinate preparation of CVs to reflect specific requirements in the terms of references including keeping updated CVs from all staff.
- Prepare all standard documents for each submission that do not need or need minimum inputs from divisions.
- This may include Power of attorneys, statement of integrity etc.
- Update summary sheets with the support of division heads and ensure the summary sheets are all updated and kept in the server.
- Coordinate site visit required prior to preparation proposals and coordinate submission of proposal and EOI.
- Ensure timely submission of EOI, Proposals and quotations
- Follow-up and keep track of all submissions and keep updated report in the server.
- Keep copies of submitted proposal and provide to the negotiation team when called for negotiation.
- Maintain an updated list of submitted EOIs and Proposals
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and checklists are complied with and record kept.
- Staff can also be assigned other responsibilities as the management decides from time to time and he/she shall be informed
- Must be ready to work beyond normal working hours including week ends and public holidays should the situation demand to ensure timely submission of documents.
- He/She will be the key staff dealing with EOIs and Proposals with minimum assistance from user divisions.
How to Apply:
Candidates with the above qualifications should send their CVs to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2023.