Head of Programs
Salary – An attractive salary package commensurate with experience
Location – Dar es Salaam
Reports to – Country Director
Contract – Fixed Term Contract – 1 year
Closing date – 7th October
Interviews – 30th October
Disabled candidates are particularly encouraged to apply and as a ‘disability confident employer’ ADD guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
The Head of Programs will lead and manage ADD International Tanzania Programs/Projects department through robust oversight of programmes, finance and people as well as diversifying funding sources through fundraising and partnership development.
The postholder will lead the development and implementation of timely and quality delivery of inclusive education – Modelling Inclusive Pre-primary Education (MIPE) and Disability Inclusive Development (DID) programs, Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and inclusive livelihoods programs.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- 8 years of professional experience, of which 5 are with an International NGO and at least 3 years in a senior management position in an international NGO
- Substantial experience of programme/project management
- A proven background working with development approaches that seek to empower marginalised communities to and achieve sustainable change based on the realisation of human rights
- Demonstrated success in raising income through fundraising and partnership development and experience in managing donor relationships
- Good understanding of inclusive education, GBV and livelihood programming
- For further information on the role and what we are looking for, please see the job description.
HOW TO APPLY.
Interested applicants should send the following attachments by email:
- CV (maximum 2 pages). Please indicate contact telephone number and email address.
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages). Please state your current or most recent salary
- Completed equal opportunities form
- The names, contact numbers and email addresses of 2 referees which must include most recent employer (please state if you are not happy for them to be contacted at this stage)
- Please send your application to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date specified below.
If you need an accessible format please contact our HR department on +44 1373 473 064 or email email@example.com
Application deadline: 7th October 2019 at 1630hrs UK time
Interviews: Wednesday 30th October
Candidates with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered. We are unfortunately only able to reply to those shortlisted.
We are keen to promote strong principles of equality and diversity and would welcome applications from all backgrounds. Disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply and as a ‘disability confident employer’ ADD guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. For more information on this please see our Equal Opportunities Policy.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding.
The nature of ADD’s work is as an ally to the global disability movement promoting the rights of all people with disabilities. It does mean that our staff, consultants, trustees and volunteers may come into contact with children and vulnerable adults in some capacity or another. ADD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, consultants, trustees and volunteers to share this commitment.
At ADD, we’re committed to creating a safe and rewarding environment for all of our people to work and volunteer, as well as for those we come into contact with through our work.
This means we have robust safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure everyone is treated properly, and a whistle-blowing policy and process so people can raise any concerns they have, confidentially.
For more information on this please see the safeguarding pages on our website.
ADD International is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Bill and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. For more information on this please see our ‘Job Applicant Privacy Notice’.
The nature of the recruitment process for this role means that it is necessary to send applications (and therefore personal data) electronically to our Tanzania country office for shortlisting and arranging interviews. Under GDPR legislation your consent is required to do this. By applying for this position, you are giving your consent for your personal data to be sent to a country outside the EU.
Please send your application to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date specified below.