Position: Head Of SME
Location: Head Office NBC
Job ID: R-15907527
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Accountability: Driving Business Development and Growth -40%
- The role holder will have specific accountability for delivering the overall growth of the SME segment. This include Implementation of acquisition, Retention and expansion strategies for all segments.
- Take major operating and investment decisions for the SME unit including: overall SME planning and Budgeting, Prioritisation, Resource allocation
- Generate, evaluate and making recommendations for SME to the Director of Business Banking and where relevant, to the in-country leadership and wider RBB leadership
- Monitor and ensure that Key Performance Indicators for the SME unit are achieved
- Drive an effective, strategy, business model and customer value proposition that focuses on building and deepening relationship with existing and new profitable customers.
- Develop and implement strategies to deliver performance and growth targets within the SME Banking unit.
- Cascade SME strategies to the SME team and to all the Branches.
- Drive performance against Key Performance Indicators as agreed with the BB Director or Regional Counter part
- Frequently monitor performance of the SME unit to ensure growth in all areas is achieved
- Understand the business drivers and issues that have an impact on the performance of SME and proactively manage them.
- The role holder will have accountability for the establishment and embedding of the values, behaviours and risk appetite that underpin the achievement of the SME Banking objectives.
- Grow the team’s portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Proactively research competitive threats/opportunities within the team’s market and geographical area.
- Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
Accountability: Customer Service Management -25%
- Act as the Business Bank face to the SME Market and develop strong business networks.
- Understand and articulate business trends and developments and formulate business development strategies to shape the SME proposition and meet changing market needs.
- Generate proposals to increase the value of the Business Banking portfolio, through identification of new markets and or product opportunities, including potential alliances.
- Build a motivated, committed and focused team, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer-focused service.
- Ensure SME service excellence through continuous monitoring of results of customer surveys i.e. NPS against target service quality standards
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide high standard of service delivery.
- Engage in high net worth client meetings as needed for complex scenarios reviews and consultations;
- Monitor levels of complaints and quality of handling. After analysing, seek & implement solutions to improve
Accountability: People Management and Development -25%
- Lead the SME team to best in class standards, attracting the best available talent, drive performance and consequence management using reward practices to distinguish and reward top performers.
- Develop and communicate an annual resource and capacity plan for the SME Unit.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in attracting the best in class talent.
- Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the SME team.
- Maximize performance of team members by identifying development and training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement in order to achieve a high performance climate and culture.
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR
- Acts as escalation point for grievance cases for the SME unit.
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
- Motivate staff through appropriate recognition schemes
Accountability: Risk, Control and Compliance Management -10%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal NBC Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Ensure all financial crime matters are addressed on time e.g. annual PEP & HRR,LR reviews
- Control Non-performing Assets to within regulatory and Industry standards
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment at management level, Leading people – Leadership level (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Personal mastery (Meets all of the requirements), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)