Position: Head of Technology
Drive excellence in service delivery and organization performance through stable, reliable efficient and secured banking systems. The role holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of the bank’s Information Technology strategy to drive the achievement of the bank’s technology based business goals. The holder will play a pivotal role in driving implementation of technologies that bring business innovation and high standards of customer service quality and data security. While the role will be based on Tanzania, the role holder will ensure appropriate synergy between the local business and other KCB Group entities.
- To enforce the bank’s Technology policies for good Technology governance.
- Sets the overall Technology objectives and plans and monitors performance against the strategic plan; reports and takes corrective action against significant deviations. Develop and implement IT strategy by aligning to the Group Technology Strategy.
- Implement effective in-country Disaster Recovery Plans and ensure alignment with overall Business Continuity Management plans
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to both country executive committee and Group Technology and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with government laws and regulations as provided by institutions that regulate banks and Information Technology.
- To enforce the bank’s Technology policies for good IT governance by ensuring that Installations, systems configurations and user practices adhere to the industry and bank’s standard and practice.
- This role is a point of contact between KCBT and Technology services providers as well as the Group Technology teams. Ensure Service level and contracts are in place and identify measures to determine performance of the providers.
- Prepare operational and Capital expenditure budgets, ensure expenditure is within a budget. It is also required to track all Technology costs and produce report, which will be shared with Managing Director on monthly basis.
- Collaborate with business teams to analyze business requirements and provide cost effective solutions to meet business strategy. Lead IT innovation and support and ensure timely completion of all technology related projects in a cost effective manner by following up and assign project resources as required.
- Provide leadership role by coaching, mentoring, identify knowledge gaps and determine right trainings to fill in the gap and improve performance
- To lead the unit
- Managing allocation of tasks and resources within the unit
- Monitoring of system performance for the day and closure of any issues arising
- Review and escalating various performance reports for the unit
- Resolution of emerging and outstanding system issues
- Innovate to find the best way of improving banking efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science/engineering
- Professional qualifications in any IT certification (ITIL, TOGAF,CCNA,CCNP,MCP,CISA)
- Master’s Degree in IT/Business studies
- Total minimum number of 10 years’ experience
- Experience of 3 years in IT security is essential
- Experience of 4 years in IT service delivery is essential
- Experience of 3 years in IT infrastructure (Networks & Hardware) is desirable