Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
Establish and managed the country procurement centre excellence, and enforce adherence to good procurement governance framework (Policy and Procedure)
To facilitate the imparting of procurement skills including strategic sourcing skills to in-country stakeholders
To manage Country wide contracts and suppliers/ service providers that provides and or render service to all countries in the Rest of Africa
Instill procurement uniformity across country spend through alignment of RoA procurement to procurement best practices adopted by the Group
Co-ordinate procurement activities in country to achieve economies of scale through aggregation of the sourcing process
• Facilitate the implementation of Procurement strategies for each commodity and support procurement decisions within the parameters determined.
• Ensure adherence to the laid down policies and procedures of Standard Bank.
• Monitor and promote compliance with Standard Bank’s policies and procedures as well as country specific statutory requirement.
• Support all Business Partners throughout the Bank with procurement governance framework.
• Leverage on the synergies that exist within the various subsidiaries of the Standard Bank Group
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies for products and services used across the Bank.
• Identify synergies and ways to achieve economies of scale with new and existing suppliers so as to reduce the TCO on products and services
• Ensure proper execution of sourcing of goods and services within commodities and initiate Catalogues where required.
• Initiate and facilitate the development of a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model and ensure that TCO reduction is the key driver in the commodities being managed.
• Leverage on the understanding of supplier’s strategic plans, market challenges, competition amongst suppliers. • Ensure the smooth running and operation of the Cross Functional Sourcing Teams (CFST’s) and Federal Procurement
- PROCUREMENT BEST PRACTICES
• Recognising and rewarding excellent performance and managing poor performance in a consistent and constructive manner within procurement and human resource guidelines
• Ensure purchase spend analysis and audits take place with a focus on eliminating waste, non value adding supply chain links and optimising Bank’s supply chain proceses.
• Ensure that TCO reduction targets are met or exceeded.
• Assists with gap analysis of existing Procurement processes and implement appropriate improvements.
• Align performance metrics/measurements to organisational/project objectives so as to ensure the achievement of deliverables.
• Reduce the percentage spend going through the non formal procurement process (sundry purchases)
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
• Facilitate the development and maintenance of contracts for all commodities under the sphere of control.
•Facilitate the process of assisting suppliers’ performance
• Rationalise supplier database through RoA.
• Entrench the development and management of supplier through the Service Level Agreement
• Assist with standardisation of products, materials and contract template across RoA
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Review procurement spend with suppliers and formulate a product specific sourcing strategy, advise and guide business partners on the implementation and management of the sourcing strategy
• Manage the relationships with key customers and suppliers of the specific products and or services and introduced Service Level Commitments (SLC) or Service Level Agreement (SLA) to monitor and evaluate performance.
• Drive the technology or service delivered by the supplier, which contributes to optimal sourcing and procurement decision making process.
• Up-skill relevant stakeholders on the Procurement optimisation and transformation journey.
• Create effective partnerships with chosen strategic suppliers through building, maintaining and enhancing effective relationships across selected service providers, suppliers and customers.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
Over 10 years procurement and supply chain management experience
5 to 7 years experence in Strategic sourcing.
• Understands the interdependencies between people, systems, business and operational risks, and how to leverage these for optimal project coordination and implementation.
• Have competency and experience on analysing supply chain data (end to end), make informed decision base on current date and to predict future trends base on current information. (Supply Chain Analytic competency )
• Proactively coaching and mentoring subordinates.
• Supporting and fostering diversity.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE