Head, Sales – Retail Banking – (1900031167)
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 10/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 17/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Maximize sales performance to achieve given revenue targets (Team) through liability products [Current /Savings Accounts, wealth management products and asset related products (secured, unsecured)
• Generate new business via sales promotions, out-marketing calls and presentations and in-branch contacts
• Participate actively in branch sales planning to generate action plans for meeting targets
• He/She is aware of bank’s Mis-selling & Sales Policies and ensure adherence all the times.
• Ensure high level of customer service in the Team. Manage difficult customer situations
• Ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines and ensure minimal comments in audits and other inspections
• Ensure transactions are processed with a high level of accuracy and commitment in order to satisfy customer needs
• Ensure validity and completeness of transactions processed and ensure concessions relative to exchange rate, fees, charges etc. are authorized/ overridden by appropriate authorities
• Ensure adherence to laid down processes, facilitate first time resolution. Minimize rejections and customer complaints
• Monitor customer satisfaction survey ratings, net promoter score or any other survey/ feedback ratings taken from customers and ensure continuous improvement if below bench-mark, sustain and better quality service
• Take responsibility for general reconciliation and control activities
• Find ways to improve operational efficiency and control costs to meet cost budgets
• Be multi-skilled to handle all kinds of transactions and services in the bank
• Manage growth and attrition of the base, facilitate customer up-streaming. Improve product per customer
• Ensure he/ she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to ORMA, Group Code of Conduct, KYC/CDD/EDD & Money laundering prevention. He/she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer.
• Premises management in areas of merchandising, housekeeping as well as store management. Branch upkeep and maintenance
• Responsible for health and safety for all. As part of the Health and Safety guidelines you should:
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by your actions or your omissions; Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace;
• Ensure that your actions do not put others at risk; Work in a healthy and safe manner;
• Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
• Report all accidents and incidents and bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.