Head; Wholesale Credit Job opportunity at NMB Tanzania
- To lead, drive the performance of, and actively manage the team charged with the business of credit assessment and approvals with specific responsibilities for the Corporate Borrowers as defined by the Bank.
- Ensure the highest standards of credit quality through the assessment, sampling and application of best practice to credit proposals and maintenance of the standards
- Ensure that only quality assets are recommended for approval and on-boarded.
- Drive origination team on reviews including annual and interim review of early and timely identification of emerging risks and recommend remedial actions
- To deliver world-class credit assessment and evaluation services for the bank in the corporate space.
- Advise CCO / CREDCO timely on any known potential or actual shift on risk profile of a borrower / sector providing mitigation or remedial action in the process
- Assure quality of the credit assessments done by the unit are in compliance to both external & internal policies and regulations.
- Ensure that all applications submitted to Credit Committees are complete and timely distributed to the members
- Lead by example and be the coach and mentor of coworkers
- Defend the opinion of the unit to the Credit Committees and ensure that this opinion is correctly captured in the minutes
- Ensure credit risk management systems; which include credit rating, limit exposure aggregation and RAC (Risk Acceptance Criteria for credit application processing) are in place
- Assist in preparation and presentation of credit approval packs/ requests to the Credit Committees Challenge pricing
- Contribute proactively to various risk related projects and initiatives owing to synergies (eg stress testing, IFRS 9 etc) especially on aspects pertaining to credit measurement sourcing/management of data for these initiatives.
- Assist the Chief Credit Officer in development and review of Credit Policy & Standards
- Lead the Bank’s credit audit assignments in relation to the bank’s corporate portfolio from Bank of Tanzania and External auditors and ensure all audit queries are attended to timely.
- Strong understanding of credit analysis and risk management principles.
- Good understanding of Bank of Tanzania evolving regulatory guidelines and reporting requirements in this space of credit management
- Strong problem solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements
- Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage system transitions smoothly and source data/ perform periodic computations.
- Time management skills; workflow management skills
- People management skills; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics / Statistics
- Professional qualifications e.g. CFA/ CPA preferable
- At least 7 years of banking experience, with the most of it being in Credit Risk Management including corporate lending
- Exposure to Limit/ Collateral system implementation/ management is preferable
- Exposure to credit risk modelling is desirable
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”