BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and C-Sema have joined hands to collectively address Early Childhood Development (ECD) issues in Tanzania through rigorous and innovative approaches; problem-based solutions; and outreach programs targeting children with a focus on establishing a National ECD Child Helpline (ECD call centre) to support nurturing care of children aged 0-8 years and parents of all children, prioritizing those at risk and extremely marginalized.
The ECD call centre will inform communities and caregivers to ensure children’s good health and nutrition, and protect them from threats. It will also give young children opportunities for early learning, through interactions that are responsive and emotionally supportive as well as supporting caregivers’ mental health and well-being.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill the jobs vacancies below….
Vacancy title: Health Expert
- Respond to incoming/inbound calls and provide the needed servicesSend the required information to the stakeholders through outbound SMS services
- Responsible for resolution of inbound/outbound calls as per the workflow
- Responsible for validation of records & registration of beneficiaries
- Assist in resolution of queries
- Establish good working relations with the project team, government, and stakeholders at districts and regional level
- Link with responders in local authorities at district and regional level to enhance referral mechanism of cases
- Link parents and children with available services surrounding them
- Adhere to high ethical safeguarding standards and comply with all regulations
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including child protection policy
- Develop and submit all reports to the supervisor
- Document well project success stories/case study/best practices/lesson learned and submit to supervisor
- Designing, managing and promoting health improvement programmes
- Raising awareness of good health, diet, and exercise
- Advising members of a particular community or social group
- liaising with, supporting the work of and providing expert advice to other voluntary, charity and statutory organizations
- Keeping up to date with current health promotion trends
- Will provide necessary health assistance to the caller/beneficiary over the phone for ECD related matters.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degreein public health or education, health promotion, health studies, nursing, or sport and exercise. Postgraduate or master degree as an added advantage
- Registration as a public health practitioner
- Paid or voluntary work experience gained in any role with public health is highly valued
- Should have a mature, non-judgmental, confident, and caring manner.
- Must have the ability to interact well with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Must have good problem solving and project/time management skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to:
HRD, BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited,
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road – Light Industrial Area,
Mikocheni P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam or through email to [email protected] with a subject capturing the position you are applying for.
The application deadline is 16.06.2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)