Everything you need to know – for the HSELB First Time Undergraduate Loan Application for 2018/19 academic year
1. When HESLB Loan Application window will be open for 2017/18 academic year?
Only Tanzanian Nationals are invited to apply to higher education loans, First Time Undergraduate Loan from Tanzanians admitted into Government of Tanzania-Sponsored or Self-Sponsored Programs in Public or Private Universities in Tanzania that are recognized by the Tanzania Commission for University (TCU).
2. Who will be eligible?
- Government of Tanzania-Sponsored Undergraduate Students placed by Tanzniaa Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service and admitted by the universities.
- Direct Entry Undergraduate Self-Sponsored Students.
- Tanzanian student
- Must be a continuing student who has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the next year or stage of study.
- Eligible candidates are advised to visit HESLB website http://www.heslb.go.tz to familiarize themselves with OLAS before attempting to apply
- Read the guidelines and criteria for issuance of students loans and grants for the 2018/2019 Academic year Click here
- Also please look into the common application guidelines provided for different academic years would help : OLAS Guidelines
3. How do you apply?
- Application for Higher Education Loan (OLAS) will be done through the OLAS website
- Applicant will be required to Visit http://olas.heslb.go.tz/ to register.
- Ensure to read and duly complete the HESLB Financial Literacy literature and guideline which is availabe here.
- You will have to login by clicking the “Click here to Apply” option in the website.
- Log in, select and fill in the 2018-2019 First Time undergraduate Loan Application Form from the HELB website.
- Print out the application form and loan agreement appropriately and sign the same and attach necessary documentation.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the Loan Application Form and Guidelines.
- Present one copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents to HESLB : You will be required to Upload it to the Higher Education Students Loan Board
- Also, applicant are advised to maintain a copy of the application form and receipt used for mailing the application for subsequent purposes of tracking the application form.
4. Is it compulsory to apply for a HESLB loan?
5. What if I was awarded a loan but it is not enough, can I request for additional funds?
6. If I discontinue my education, do I have to pay amount awarded to me even if I didn’t complete my education?
7. I have a sibling who didn’t qualify for HESLB loan. Can I share the amount I was awarded with him/her then we share repayment?
Additional Information On this Topic:
- HESLB First Time Undergraduate Loan Application
- HESLB : Student loan transfers for 2017/2018 Academic Year
- Number of Heslb loan recipients hits 40,000
- heslb loan application form
- heslb application deadline
- heslb registration
- www.heslb.go.tz loan application form
- latest news on heslb loan
- heslb application forms first time applicants pdf
- heslb new portal
- More contact information and phone numbers can be found on the following link : Contact Info