High Voltage & Instrumentation Electrical Trainer
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (1) High Voltage & Instrumentation Electrical Trainer to join Underground Electrical team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned HV and Instrumentation electrical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the UG Electrical Foremen. This is a two year fixed contract role, with the work roster being (56) days on (28) days off.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, clamp ammeters, insulation testers to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
- Help plan for periodical unit checks, to prevent premature failure of the equipment.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Ensure that good work ethics is sustained by effectively managing discipline with reference to absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc. within the section.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, or Trade certificate with equivalent appropriate experience
- High Voltage Switching
- RCT teleremote training
- Mine arc training
- Knowledge of Australian Electrical Standards
- Underground / Surface Mining industry experience
- Processing plant experience
- Preference will be given for experience in HV/LV Switchgear Protections, Underground mechanized mining, Conveyor systems, Pump stations, Compressors, Transformers, Motors, Soft Starters, Variable Speed Drives
- Generators/Power Systems, previous experience with control systems and instrumentation. SCADA, PLC, RCT teleremotes, leaky feeder communications, ikon & development firing line systems, fiber optic reticulation.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience and exposure working Underground / Surface mining environment
- Extensive experience with:
- HV/LV Electric Motors/Transformers
- HV/LV Switchgears and Protections
- Standby Generators/Power Systems
- Cable jointing, termination and fault-finding capabilities
- Reading Electrical drawings (Schematic and Single Line Diagrams)
- HV/LV switching and control systems
- Excellent knowledge of High/Low Voltage systems and Switchgears complete with protections.
- Excellent Knowledge of Standby Generators/Power Systems
- HV/LV cable jointing
- RAW fan & secondary fans installation, inspections & maintenance
- Exceptional skills in field Electrical maintenance, fault-finding and troubleshooting.
- Must be capable of reading electrical drawings.
- Must understand the principle of Electrical Protections.
- Installations, calibrating and maintaining all instrumentation, HMI, PLC, SCADA on CAF plants, batch plants, Paste plant, power generation.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 24th February 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.